Duxford MV show this weekend (15th June)

lauren whats it with that arena mud its like concrete,jet washed the landy and still covered,great fun though!!!!!!!!will do that again!!!!!!!

It's specially formulated to stick to boots. I nearly lost both when we waded out to drain the water off after the last bunch of storms a few weeks ago. I swear one day we'll lose the chieftain in the boggy part, or we'll get in to find half of a 432 sticking out of the water trap. It wouldn't be the first time as I'm told that when the land warfare hall was built they found a buried american truck.

Having had the job of chipping dried mud off the 432's I can commiserate with your jet washer experience. I've also had the experience of clearing out the mud traps in front of the workshop, only to find that I'd lost my purse at the end of the day. After much panic at the thought of wading back in we found it upstairs.:sweat:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

The vehicle used to start the aircraft is a Hucks starter and was invented buy a chap called Captain Hucks.

This one is owned and operated buy the Historic Aircraft Collection and is driven my me.

We use it to start our Hawker Nimrod as the aircraft does not have an electric start. To date I have done 7 starts.

In front of the propellor is a very dangerous place to be, so the driver must pay attention and know what they are doing.

The vehicle is a converted model T Ford and the engine dates from 1919.

This was our first time at the rally at Duxford and was great. Plan to be there next year.

The Hucks is not road worthy as I think the starting shaft would be a problem, but I can put it on a trailer and take it to shows on request.

I have put a start on u tube at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xM9r_bs00

Would be more than willing to answer any questions about this wonderful bit of kit.

Please email me simonsteggall@btinternet.com

The vehicle used to start the aircraft is a Hucks starter and was invented buy a chap called Captain Hucks.

This one is owned and operated buy the Historic Aircraft Collection and is driven my me.

We use it to start our Hawker Nimrod as the aircraft does not have an electric start. To date I have done 7 starts.

In front of the propellor is a very dangerous place to be, so the driver must pay attention and know what they are doing.

The vehicle is a converted model T Ford and the engine dates from 1919.

This was our first time at the rally at Duxford and was great. Plan to be there next year.

The Hucks is not road worthy as I think the starting shaft would be a problem, but I can put it on a trailer and take it to shows on request.

I have put a start on u tube at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xM9r_bs00

Would be more than willing to answer any questions about this wonderful bit of kit.

Please email me simonsteggall@btinternet.com

I seem to recall seeing some photo's of these being used to start Bristol Fighters????

I seem to recall seeing some photo's of these being used to start Bristol Fighters????

Hi. Yes you are right, they were used to start Bristol fighters as well as most Hawker bi planes. They were even used to start some Russian aircraft in WWII.

Some were also used to start multi engined aircraft....one at a time though!!

• 4 months later...

I have booked the Hucks in for this years event, so hope to see you all there. I would like to also do 1 lap of the airfield just to give her a long run. Last year I think I was lapped before the end of the one lap I did despite starting near the front. As she has an engine dating from 1919, I do not even try to thrash her!. Gently for an old lady on 1 lap of honor...