Anyone here removed a Saracen wheel?

Val

Question

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone local to London has removed a Saracen wheel before and if so, would you be willing to supervise me and a few mates having a go? You don't have to do much just watch, drink beer and make sure we don't do anything silly.

Any takers?

12 answers to this question

Val,

Surely it can't be that hard? Jack up vehicle, undo nuts, remove wheel? I suggest you get some long poles or crow bars which will help you lift the wheel up off and back onto the hub. The wheels are heavy, don't drop one on your foot.

Chris

Is it as simple as undo bolts, pull wheel out or is there anything else to watch out for before taking the wheel out?

I left the repairs manual in the saracen and it got rained on :( have ordered another though :)

Val it makes me wonder if you should be taking he wheel off in the first place... if you have to ask the question how to do this simple task what are you planning to do once it's off :??? are you biting off a bit more than you can chew....

Me and the guys wanna have a look and see if we can finally change the gaitors. It looked easy enough in the manuals, t'was just the lack of the proper tools I needed in the way of an engine crane or something to hold the wheel, big ass torque wenches etc but now I have friends who are HGV engineers so have heavy duty tools. It's just that I'm a bit nervous of messing with big vehicles and have to have every bit of info just in case.