GMC - Fuel problem...

Jack

ok guys.

Now have a fuel problem.

I have fuel and the lines are clear - there is fuel up to to pump but then nothing.

It was running fine last time I used it - 4 weeks ago.

Is it a knackered pump? It isn't a lift pump.........

Any thoughts? I need to get to Route to Victory.

Many thanks.

Jack.

ok guys.

Now have a fuel problem.

I have fuel and the lines are clear - there is fuel up to to pump but then nothing.

It was running fine last time I used it - 4 weeks ago.

Is it a knackered pump? It isn't a lift pump.........

Any thoughts? I need to get to Route to Victory.

Many thanks.

Jack.

What are you dooooing your breaking your truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all going wrong....

Can you prime the carb by using the manual priming leaver on the fuel pump ?

Does fuel flow if outlet is lower than level in fuel tank ?

Try disconnecting the " out " from the fuel pump and get someone else to crank the engine it should squert out ....

if none of above probably the diaphragm in the pump, there is a 2 valve and a 6 valve, the 6 valve is quite a bit bigger than the 2 I think !!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Hey Jack,.........I'm sure someone will GLADLEY TOW you on that event,.......:-D saving loads of dosh on fuel;...........:cool2::rofl:

On a more practical side,........it does sound like diaphram in pump is suspect,....and yes they can go, seemingly overnight; :argh:

Buy A DODGE !! They may be a diaphram replcement kit. If you are going for an electric replacement make sure that you get a pressure of about 6 psi. Modern pumps can be to powerful and flood the carb.

Manual states for the mechanical pump fitted, a max of 4psi at lowest idling speed of engine.

Good idea to carry an electric pump in case of emergencies.

Thanks guys - now sorted.

I gave Rex a call and asking about stock and explained the situation. He suggested that there could be a small air leak in the fuel pipe that is allowing air in to the line and the pump would need to be primed. the one I have is a bummer to do so suggested to pour fuel into the carb so to fire up the engine and draw the fuel up and prime the pump.

I had done this earlier but obviously didn't use another fuel. I used Rex's prescribed measure and up it went and sat there ticking over like a beauty.

Learn something everyday!