Sisu AH-45 + PTO-driven trailer

Sisu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you found us again Cedric.

Don't worry about going off topic on cars - especially a beauty like that - nobody minds. They've been in love with my Renault 5 for ages now. So much so that Safariswing Lee bought it off me to blow it up next month.

Cheers,

Mark B

Cedric welcome back,

also welcome to the U.K as far as i know these could be the first trucks of thier kind here :thumbsup:probaly meet up on the show circuit some time.

If you can spare the time (and expense) the War and Peace at Beltring in July will be a must to visit.

Ashley

Thanks for the nice welcome,

War and Peace show is for sure! You guys have so impressive vehicles I can hardly wait to see them in live :) And Dave, Colchester is so close we will surely meet later. Bad point having a Sisu in a meeting is there are no friends with similar vehicles, I will be the only guy at the Finnish Camp! But I promise to bring a big tent with me, so we can all grill something, have few beers and make fun of the French people! Just got to be careful with the Swiss Army cooker so we won't burn the tent!

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe, the Lego-sign is just a joke, the trucks are like kits for the children which you have to assemble together ;) I actually didn't find a good Sisu-logo from correct era, so I chose another sig pic, guess I broke many copyright laws...

The two poles on the front are for snow plowing, on air fields these trucks had sometimes double duties, keeping the runways clean and being ready for emergencies. Something we would not consider to do on these days... The bumper you see is a different model just for snow plows. They didn't have any hydraulics, just a manual plow.

Wow, a truck as old as me....

It's your motor, Sisu, but I like the idea of keeping it as it is. It appears to be unique and has bags of style. There's nothing wrong with military fire engines. Are you bringing all your trucks to England?? Or have I got that totally wrong???

best wishes,

Mark

Btw, I don't have any photos of my assault boat in my computer, I try to find something later and post it on the boats section :yay: Don't expect too much, its not Queen Mary !!

Edited by Sisu