Sisu AH-45 + PTO-driven trailer

Sisu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's true! But I will have to build new cabin and bed from scratch, which is not a small task - but I really love that type of work, as for some sick reason I like cutting & welding new steel into great constructions.

Actually the really heavy work, like working with axles and getting really dirty, is very much fun - WHY?!

Edited by Sisu

You can be proud of a very hard job completed , I wish you had someone to work with you just in case anything were to happen at least they could resque you or call for help .Do you keep a cell phone in your pocket just in case ?

No - I have no one else working here, so sometimes it makes things a bit slower. On the other hand, I like working alone and some sweat is not bad for a (real) man ;)

In an emergency I just have to call "TALIBAN!" and all the illegal immigrants from the neighbourhood are here in a flash! Guys from Afganistan are running their Take-A-Way business next door (they're ok)... :)

I have sold one of my Sisu trucks to a local guy who wants to have an Expedition Truck. We struct a deal which includes me building a new cabin, bed and camper for him, all this should happen in the next six weeks time. So - now I have two big projects going at the same time, but I try to create the new parts hand-in-hand, as creating two cabins and beds the same time is not as hard as it sounds.

The new owner wants to use it as an Expedition Truck for trips to Africa. But as he's local the truck will be standing at my garage some months until we've finished.

As I have slightly limited time, you can follow the topic in other forum where I'm updating the topic both in Finnish and English.

The topic can be found here: http://www.sisua.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=443&p=3327#p3327

...But you don't get rid of me so easily, I'll still be writing here about my own project and publishing all those boring pictures against your will...

Correct! But steel is getting really expensive these days - for two trucks the needed steel has cost so far over 1400,- GBP. Of course everything will be built new as the old structure requires too much work (anyway its already taken away in small pieces, total weight 1020kg of steel) and would never be perfect. Regarding the other truck, it also requires a lot of brain work as the new owner intends to visit Africa with it. He of course makes the design decisions, but there are some details that really require some time to plan. But certainly, everything is great fun and what could be a better hobby!?!

So... Here's one "Kit Car-Sisu!" (left of the RR). Next to frame you see new cabin and bed... Well, in slightly unfinished state...

2673435520102303344S600x600Q85.jpg

Friend helping to get rid of the old steel parts...

2050676500102303344S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by Sisu