Scammell Pioneer Gallery

• 1 month later...
Nice pictures, thanks for posting. It does seem that there wasn't many people around at the show though considering the good weather we had at the weekend?

There was a poor turnout but its the first time the rally has been at this venue hope for better luck next year:)

• 2 weeks later...

Way back in issue no 45 of Wheels and Tracks Bart featured a set of photos of this supurb large scale model of the Pioneer artillery tractor but never got as far as explaining what happened to it. I and i am sure many others would like to know did it survive and if so where is it now. It is well known that most if not all of the Rootes collection of models built to the same exacting detail survive within the the IWM collection which by the way if anyone from the IWM reads this should all be out on display and not tucked away in cabinets, i well remember these on display as a kid at Lambeth in the 1950s

hmvf1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This ex tank transporter is interesting i think it was one of the small batch converted by the army for draw bar haulage with concrete blocks mounted where the fifth wheel would have been and from demob had found a new life as a civvy recovery. I cant make out the name on the headboard but the building is owned John Wise agriculture engineers

4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Pioneer "SPARKY" at HMS Sultan with their living van on the back.

We are just setting of for Haven street on the IOW, then on to Dorset.

Eleven days away. One good thing about traveling with a steam lorry is there is always a good supply of hot water!

The HIAB on the back has a lifting capacity of 3 tons without any extensions out. If anyone needs a lift with something near the Chichester area let me know by PM & i will try to help.

Alan.

IOW_Steam_Rally_2007_001.jpg

This ex tank transporter is interesting i think it was one of the small batch converted by the army for draw bar haulage with concrete blocks mounted where the fifth wheel would have been and from demob had found a new life as a civvy recovery. I cant make out the name on the headboard but the building is owned John Wise agriculture engineers

Les- I don't know if this firm existed, but it seems to say Metcalfes Thirsk on the headboard unless anyone else can make it out better? I'm going to Thirsk in a couple of days so I'll ask around. Thanks for posting a great photo. daz