Scammell Pioneer Gallery

Thanks for posting Andy. Nice photos. Some unusual bodwork on a couple, but I'm not sure about #7 "How to disguise your Pioneer as a Series 2 Land Rover" :nono:

They are rather bizarre mate I did think 8 may have had a driven front axle but not able to be sure ! Not sure 7 would win a prize for prettiest Pioneer from me either ! :-D:-D:-D

For me the pioneer is probably the best looking truck ever created, (far sleeker than the explorer with it's higher profile), what on earth made people think they could improve on it?

I'll go along with that, just think they look even better without the weights and rack.......

Good pix Andy thanks.

Hey Andy, looks like you and i were floating around the same stalls at Gaydon

Shame we didn't have a chat Les ! I think we are "working to the same build sheet" so to speak ! Will you be attending War and Peace this year as I would like a chat on old iron with someone of your experience over a beer if possible ! :-D

We put down a 3to 1 layout to recover the digger using the winch on the pioneer returning the rope onto the militant mk 3 anchor

The pioneer was anchored using the scotch pans under the front wheels these are able to hold the 8 ton pull from the winch , the bulk of the anchorage was from the militant rear spade .

THE SMOKE CLOUD IS FROM A LARGE BONFIRE BEHIND THE DIGGER AND NOT FROM THE AEC OR THE SCAMMELL HONEST! :):)

pipewell recovery 146.jpg

pipewell recovery 147.jpg

pipewell recovery 150.jpg

pipewell recovery 153.jpg

pipewell recovery 156.jpg

pipewell recovery 157.jpg

Truly well bogged down in that wet slick clay , That track hoe would never have seen the light of day again without that outside winch help !!!! Well done .

Edited by abn deuce
correct spelling

Winding in winch rope after job is done using Jims landrover to keep rope tight. Could not resist driving up spoil heap .:-D:-D

( Jim AKA Jimmy the winch) see Maurice Sanders book Men Mud and Machines :cool2:

pipewell recovery 159.jpg

pipewell recovery 160.jpg

pipewell recovery 161.jpg

pipewell recovery 162.jpg

Truly well bogged down in that wet slick clay , That track hoe would never have seen the light of day again without that out side winch help !!!! Well done .

Thanks mate, if only we could do this every day:-D:-D

That must have been Great fun, well done,

and I must say that is one nice looking Pioneer!

Thanks mate , hard work but a great time had by all . The scammell lived up to its reputation not bad work for a 64 year old !!

I thought the pics where stills from the Scammell Recovery video :-D Nice job and good to see the old girls still have pulling power ! :-D

Must be doing the job about right if it looks like a training film , perhaps some of that trade training did some good after all :-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Sharp eyed people will spot the AWDC badge on the first one......never saw the owner anyone know who?

All there inside as well

I think Nick johns knows who he is.