Scammell Explorer Gallery

come on then how have the rest of u lot become scammell mad and for exeplorers ?

That's between me and my shrink, he took years to tease it out of my addled brain, and even he thinks we're all bonkers :-D

Meanwhile to make it worse, here's Lightning giving his Cummins L10 a workout

dorsetexplorer.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl::rofl:

my shrink said i should get a girl freind to take my mind off it i said i cant possiby ime HGV positive

its a fair old pull up there dorset should be gd this year

i might even make the trip to war and peace this year if i would be made wellcome in the scammell camp

Edited by younggun

weyyy twickenham off roaders marshals. Scammells are awesome

Staging for the Explorer drag race, also organized and marshaled by the Twickenham Off Roaders, thanks Guys and Gals you do a good job throughout the show, :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::thanx: same again this year?

WAR_PEACEJULY2007263-2.jpg

Forcful has a very useful tilt and frame- was this a typical "in service" adaptation or a 'preservation special'?

'Preservation special' I'm afraid as he lives out doors and he can't stand moss in his lockers, a few chaps have commented that it's nice to see one with it's original tilt still fitted :whistle:

Impressive vid of an exceptionally original Explorer coping well while off road.

i actualy tried this when i was little mine didant have fancy electrics tho :-(.................... i was a lonly child

Edited by younggun

I received this email via my website a while ago,

can any one help, is this vehicle still around?

"hi

i like the site,

i thought you might like this pic of one of our workshop vehicles

which was in use in the fifties when i was on operation grapple on

Xmas's island i am the one on the left,

we closed down and put some of our vehicles on pontoons to be hoisted

aboard a boat to bring them back to uk.

regards

john powell ( EX R.E.M.E.)

hello again

i should have asked you if this vehicle i sent a pic of could still be around?

regards

john powell

(ex no 2 spec.eng. w/shop r.e.m.e. Christmas island)"

4536.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see pictures of the trucks on the site so quickly. Our first time at the Air Fair, nice show for the planes, only spoilt by being right next to the Funfair which played a loop of poor music flat out all day. We should have left our earplugs out for the journey up to the show then we'd only have heard that special ringing sound, associated with being in a Militant cab with an 11.3 litre engine, or an Explorer cab above the straight cut gears with the Eagle 220 driving it! The only technical hitch was a puncture on 158 UXL, which being ex-REME we fixed on site!

Nice to see pictures of the trucks on the site so quickly. Our first time at the Air Fair, The only technical hitch was a puncture on 158 UXL, which being ex-REME we fixed on site!

With the aid of a Hiab !....sorry Atlas

jeep pics 185 (2).jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

Excellent! One of the "Atlas" cranes 101 uses. O/s tyre took an hour to take off, change tyre and re-fit, this nearside one took all day at my workshop. Despite cleaning and painting the rims, it took 3 hours to sort it again on Saturday! Fortunately seem to have sorted the problem, and it drove home without another hitch!