Scammell Explorer Gallery

Yup, you're right there Nick,1993, I could have had the snowplough as well, but as it was rather large and pointy and Swansea said it would be "deemed to be a burden in the vehicle" I declined the offer,

Are you sure it was a snowplough and not a 'convoy route clearance device'? Joking aside, mine too was a FFSP version based at RAF Kinloss.

Mike

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like another flat top Cummins in there, any chance of getting some pics of the bell housing conversion next time Andy?

also looks to be this one that didn't sell on ebay recently

explorerebay.jpg

and pictured later here

P.jpg

no fear of compromising the front axle movement with the air cleaner then, but I see the new owner has improved the forward visibility a bit!

Edited by gritineye

Sorry Bernard unlikely to see her again till next years 600 mile round trip maybe :coffee: ! Sorry mate ! The owner was just replacing the Metalastik drive couplings on site :sweat: :argh: ! He didn,t buy them from E bay though ! Can definitely recommend the show ! Andy F

mine too was a FFSP version based at RAF Kinloss.

Mike

Fitted For Snow Plough, I presume, mine was at Air Flight Ranges Div, T&EE Larkhill latterly, but may well have been used for bully boy route clearance as the coupling shaft was twisted, this may have led to the demise of the rubber bits!

here is another of the six in that contract 9870, also used to sport a snow plough.

ngy587-2.jpg

Sorry mike didn't put that very well, it didn't sell on ebay and was sold later privately, the link is dead now.

Whatever the circumstances, the new owner certainly got on with things, it's all not that long ago it was listed on eBay.

Great Gallery. Can anyone help me- I would like to know what the make and pattern of the tyres fitted to the front of Kevin Royan's Explorer in the photo are? I will eventually need to replace my worn out bar grips and these will be better suited for my needs. Will they fit the original wheels? Any help appreciated. I hope to post some pics of my part restored Explorer soon. Thanks

Hello Daz , If you mean the Booth,s liveried Explorer , I have blown up a picture of it and can read Dunlop Trackgrip on the rear tyre but nothing on the front ! The tread patterns are the same as the front ! I may be wrong but I believe they are what was originally on them in service ! Looking forward to your photos ! Andy F. DSC032772.jpg

Great Gallery. Can anyone help me- I would like to know what the make and pattern of the tyres fitted to the front of Kevin Royan's Explorer in the photo are? I will eventually need to replace my worn out bar grips and these will be better suited for my needs. Will they fit the original wheels? Any help appreciated. I hope to post some pics of my part restored Explorer soon. Thanks
Sorry Daz my mistake didn't look that far back down the thread ! Andy F