US vehicles Normandy pics.

Rick W

Anybody else think that the pic of the tippers links up to the left of the scenes down the street? In the pic of the Chaplains jeep there is a GI behind the GMC. You can just see what appears to be the same figure sliced off to the extreme left of the tippers shot. The ruined building also appears to be the same 'pattern'. Agree?

Anybody else think that the pic of the tippers links up to the left of the scenes down the street? In the pic of the Chaplains jeep there is a GI behind the GMC. You can just see what appears to be the same figure sliced off to the extreme left of the tippers shot. The ruined building also appears to be the same 'pattern'. Agree?

Yes you are right about the pics, look at the white bits on the wall by the chimney stack, the white bits appear in both pics.

Those 3 came from a set of four I found the last one is this.

31e7_1.jpg

Hotel de Ville Montebourg.

The other photos bear the description of being in Avranches, or La Manche. I dont know what that translates as, or where it is know. Be interesting to know.

Those 3 came from a set of four I found the last one is this.

width=400 height=250http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/rik242_2006/31e7_1.jpg[/img]

Hotel de Ville Montebourg.

The other photos bear the description of being in Avranches, or La Manche. I dont know what that translates as, or where it is know. Be interesting to know.

we might have to go and see if we can find this when we are in Normandy in a couple of months time!

...keep them coming Rick!

Hi Rick,

Could you send me a high res copy of the picture with the Chaplains Jeep?

I'm in the process of collecting Chaplains items. including pictures, for a Chaplains impression.

goran_noren@yahoo.com

As always

Goran Noren

1944 Dodge WC51

Ch.no: 81741448

To be marked as an ambulance of the

Brazilian Expeditionary Force

Italy 1944-45

Hi Guys (and Gals for that matter :whistle:)

I've just put a bid to buy the Chaplains Jeep picture on Ebay. Auction ends in 6 days.

I'll be scanning the picture in high res and fix it in Photoshop and send out to whoever wants it.

Enclosing a reworked copy of the small pic (25 Kb), enlarged 200% with Genuine Fractals v.5.0 (a plug-in for Photshop)

As always,

Goran N

Hi Tony,

Here's my shot at trying to improve the Tipper pic.

It's very difficult to improve the pic as this picture was more compressed, and also underexposed, than the Chaplains Jeep one.

I'd need the original picture to really make it good.

As always.

Goran N

I saw the firearm too. A Thompson SMG on the drivers side.

The GI's driving Chaplain's were regular soldiers picked by the Chaplain, if I'm not mistaken? Still looks odd with a Chaplain's Jeep with a gun attached :angel:

Enclosing a picture of a Dodge WC51/52 in the winter of 1945, probably sometime around the Battle of The Bulge.

As always,

Goran N

• 2 months later...

M8

382743301_097f8d158e.jpg

Elements of the 25th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron of the 4th US Armored Division crosses Bréhal on July 31, 1944. A woman tightens a bottle with a GI. In the foreground a truck Opel Blitz carrying a number plate SS was neutralized