Series 3 FFR

paul connor

ok, Im after a picture or pictures if anyone has any!

My FFR has rivet holes above the lights on the front.. all in a row i think 4 or 5 which leads me to believe that it had hessian light covers as there are poppers down each side of the light vertically.

Also has poppers on the windscreen surround as well as the rear light cluster..

Any one have pictures of this mod so I can remake them?

Many thanks Paul

althougth the plates might not be there now it does look like yours had the blackout curtains fitted for the lights which rolled up over the top

looks a lot better than when saw it at barcombe though

jeremy is selling the sister soon so if you know anyone give him a call

the plate is there, just hidden by rolled canas. here where also wheel covers. Never did quite work out what they were supposed to do but civvy outside broadcast vehicles use similar to cut noise.

Camouflage is about a series of "S"s, shape, shine, shadow, silhouette, etc.

It is quite normal for military vehicles to cover obvious shapes and shiny things (wheel arches, light clusters and windscreens) with hessian before putting a cam net over the top.

It has been discussed before but I cannot find which thread ATM.

There is an almost identical thread ongoing on the EMLRA forum where I have posted more pics of what used to be Tony's motor. It's getting a bare metal respray at the moment and I've been asked for detailed pics which I hope to take when back in UK in early Jan. The vehicle's current owner doesn't frequent the various forums.

The blinds provide both blackout and stop unwanted reflections.

There is an almost identical thread ongoing on the EMLRA forum where I have posted more pics of what used to be Tony's motor. It's getting a bare metal respray at the moment and I've been asked for detailed pics which I hope to take when back in UK in early Jan. The vehicle's current owner doesn't frequent the various forums.

The blinds provide both blackout and stop unwanted reflections.

That takes about 1 ton of weight of it :dunno: I've never seen so much paint on a vehicle. I stripped about 10 coats just to get back to reasonably smooth.

I had a hard top version like this. It was an Artic beast with a blanking great heater bettween the front seats. A mate has it now I sold it for the 101. It was before didgital days but you can see pictures on http://www.mmvg.net/

That landrover with the Artic heater is exactly like the ones we used on our unit.

The flaps were put down to cut out the shine etc when first moving into a site, once in place, the bonnet was lifted and a big hessian sheet pulled over the vehicle and trailer(which was put alongside), which made it a big disrupted blob. then the cam net was put over that, pegged down and pushed away from the vehicle using cam poles, it is very effective especially in woodland areas, where you can make vehicles near invisible from only a short distance.