New boy on the block.

ossie

Hi ya

Well what can I say about myself well lets just start at the begging.

Served 14 years in the ARMY until 1987 in the Armoured Engineers where I served on Centurion ARK, AVRE.BRIDGELAYER also Chieftain AVLB and AVRE. Becoming a Driver Mech B1 & a commander.

I then after leaving the army I was apart of the Duxford restoration society looking after a lot of different vehicles. I was involved with the Centurion AVRE on scrap heap challenge.

I now work on tanks for a living for the MOD.

I AM mad about Centurions. Been involved with AFV CLUB with the design for there Centurion plastic kit range.

So I hope I can help some one some time.

Would love to own a Centurion strv 104 or Chieftain AVLB. But I do not own anything at this moment in time.

Ossie

Welcome aboard Ossie

They are a mad bunch on here. I may have a few more pictures for your cool web site. Now you have joined up to the mad house have a look down on the Salisbury Plain event page, you may like to come along for this weekend. Im sure some nice guy on this forum will let you have a ride in there vehicle :whistle: :whistle:.

Tony- Plain Military

Welcome to the Club House and the Best Forum on the Web . Ownership of anything Militaria is optional of course , We will all be looking forward to any photo's and or tales of your experiences with those Vehicles you have been working on . :computerterror:

I'll have you know I can burn water with the best of them :angel: And the MV owner's favourite, The smell of bacon sarnnies in the morning.

THAT SMELL,..................Was THAT YOU cooking bacon,................ :shake: :shake: :shake: :died: ;-)

hi all

thank you all for your commnets , some of you know me allready but for those who do not i was in the Armoured Engineers for 14years and i work on tanks for a living for the MOD at Bovington.

so i see enough each day to not want one at the moment and i get to drive as well. speak soon

Tony did you ever get those walk arounds of the AVLB OR CHAVRE

Ossie

No sorry mate, still working on it. They seem to be hiding them away somewhere. I did manege to catch up with Warminsters a few months back but they were busy laying at the time for me to get a walk around. I did ask, really I did. By the time we had drove over to Larkhill they had disappeared in a cloud of dust. I need to do it soon as time is running out for the poor old Chieftain AVLBs and AVREs :cry: :cry: We are getting the new Trojan and Titan down here soon. Jazz has informed me they should be here by

Feb. :banana: :banana:

I will have some pics of the new Terrier as soon as Chris gets them on a disk. Will give you a shout as soon as I get them.

Tony :tup:

Hi Ossie, :-D

Welcome to the club!! ;-)

You must be a mate of Greg's then?? :nut:

He's invited us up there to join but... Shift work is a bit of a sod at times eh!! :banghead:

Anyway, good to see you on here ...Have fun!

Fred & Annika :banana: :yay:

• 13 years later...
On 12/7/2007 at 5:27 PM, ossie said:

Hi ya

Well what can I say about myself well lets just start at the begging.

Served 14 years in the ARMY until 1987 in the Armoured Engineers where I served on Centurion ARK, AVRE.BRIDGELAYER also Chieftain AVLB and AVRE. Becoming a Driver Mech B1 & a commander.

I then after leaving the army I was apart of the Duxford restoration society looking after a lot of different vehicles. I was involved with the Centurion AVRE on scrap heap challenge.

I now work on tanks for a living for the MOD.

I AM mad about Centurions. Been involved with AFV CLUB with the design for there Centurion plastic kit range.

So I hope I can help some one some time.

Would love to own a Centurion strv 104 or Chieftain AVLB. But I do not own anything at this moment in time.

Ossie

Hello everybody,

my name is Andi, I'm 55y. old, from Bavaria, no soccer-fan, just 1/32-35scale modeller and so a special 'Hello' to Ossie!

My actual dio, with Trumpeter's Fairey Swordfish I converted to the float version, is after some 350 hours soon coming to an end and my next madness, I decided to plunge in, may could, should, would be a Centurion AVLB...🙏🏻

Although I already bought the AFV handbook, some awesome books about the tank and Australian armor in Vietnam, unfortunately there will never be enough satisfying pictures...🙈

Also l found some good pics online, but none about the bridgesection inner sides, their connections, single/pair links...🙇🏻‍♂️

Do you or anyone else of the friendly bunch know if such photographs, or, ideally a bridge constructionplan, exists anywhere and how to come in possesion of this desprately needed things?

Kind regards

Andi

Hello Tony,

thanks for your response, l'll try to post pics of my actual dio.

It's my first time in a forum, I don't possess a computer and manage all online-stuff with my Samsung S9, no joke!😅

The first three were taken today, showing the missing waves and the-worst-work-to-do: painting figures🙇🏻‍♂️ but I look forward to finish it...

20210124_122553.jpg

20210124_122259.jpg

20210124_122236.jpg

20200110_181338.jpg

2013-06-22 11.21.54.jpg

20200314_210940.jpg

20200304_182747.jpg

• Like 1