BAR-NONE

Ron

For anyone else thinking of fitting a solid state regulator. I recommend the DVR2 https://dynamoregulators.com/dvr2.php

I gut the innards of the short MCR1 regulator. Cut out the middle part of the fibre board floor, drill a hole in the middle of the metal base, strip the insulating shrink wrap right back and solder the wires onto the already existing terminal posts. It fits nice and snug.  Ron

DSCF6079.jpg

DSCF6080.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 8:39 PM, welbike said:

Good show Ron, why bother with the lights?? the beach races are during the day!!

In the meantime, I just saw this one!

Lex

Fun 1.jpg

Pretends to be a Morgan 3 wheeler...? 😁

574f5445b8d7b.jpeg

morgside.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ron said:

For anyone else thinking of fitting a solid state regulator. I recommend the DVR2 https://dynamoregulators.com/dvr2.php

I gut the innards of the short MCR1 regulator. Cut out the middle part of the fibre board floor, drill a hole in the middle of the metal base, strip the insulating shrink wrap right back and solder the wires onto the already existing terminal posts. It fits nice and snug.  Ron

DSCF6079.jpg

DSCF6080.jpg

Nice neat job Ron

13 hours ago, Ron said:

Good news. My dynamo is charging and DVLA have let me keep the North Ireland number and returned my cheque as there is no charge. Ron 

BDSCF6084.JPG

Looks a  great bike now its done !!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Now for sale if anyone is interested :-

Lots of new and correct parts added, including Original NOS canvas grips. New tyres, dynamo and carb professionally refurbished. electronic regulator and LED bulbs.

Comes with the original mudguards- pillion seat/footrests- carrier- rear stand- V5C etc £6750.  

BDSCF6138.JPG

BDSCF6139.JPG

BDSCF6140.JPG

Edited by Ron
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ron said:

Now for sale if anyone is interested :-

1944 G3L. Lots of new and correct parts added:-

Original new canvas grips, new tyres, Dynamo and carb professionally refurbished. Electronic regulator and LED bulbs.

Comes with original mudguards- pillion seat/ footrests- carrier- rear stand- V5C etc. £6750

Ron

BDSCF6138.JPG

BDSCF6139.JPG

BDSCF6140.JPG

Love it, if only my Landy was sold !