Tanks to Ukraine

Surveyor

It is the lead in time for these tanks, learning how to operate them from servicing through to operations. But it is a major escalation with no UN involvement or diplomatic moves apparent. Putins  rhetoric is very reminiscent of another dictator back in history calling for new super weapons to help win a war of aggression that he instigated.  

1 hour ago, eddy8men said:

putin already has super weapons, about 5600 of them.

Putin has the option first of sailing carrier Admiral Kuznetsov + Aux. Group  into the Black Sea , but I doubt he would ratchet up that way. Main problem being it's dry-docked until 2024 at the soonest - so it will not be a sitting duck soon.

9 hours ago, ruxy said:

Putin has the option first of sailing carrier Admiral Kuznetsov + Aux. Group  into the Black Sea , but I doubt he would ratchet up that way. Main problem being it's dry-docked until 2024 at the soonest - so it will not be a sitting duck soon.

The Turks have closed access to the Black Sea for military vessels and the Admiral Kuznetsov is stuck in drydock and may not sail again. After a series of mishaps, falling dockside crane and at least two fires it is unable to be moved out of drydock for fear of sinking.  It's knackered.  The mighty Russian military machine is not as mighty as they wanted the world to think.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 4:19 PM, John F said:

I suspect all NATO parties will have had protracted discussions before releasing our state of the art tanks to Ukraine. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against what the Russians have to offer.

apparently not that well so far, i see a Leo 2-6, Bradleys, a spartan? and they lost many other besides

image.thumb.png.b5dbd01a1beec06096a6a839415e7d9d.png

Edited by draganm

On 1/28/2023 at 5:15 PM, ruxy said:

why would they  put their only carrier in the black sea, anything and everything in he Black Sea  is in range of existing Ruso Naval and land-based Air assets.

On 1/29/2023 at 2:27 AM, Mk3iain said:

The Turks have closed access to the Black Sea for military vessels and the Admiral Kuznetsov is stuck in drydock and may not sail again. After a series of mishaps, falling dockside crane and at least two fires it is unable to be moved out of drydock for fear of sinking.  It's knackered.  The mighty Russian military machine is not as mighty as they wanted the world to think.

just left Dry-dock, but still under repair. They really don't need it, what it would it protect or attack? Russia has and always will be a land based military power.

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/russias-sole-aircraft-carrier-admiral-kuznetsov-leaves-drydock

Aircraft carriers are tools of Global power projection, which is the realm of the old UK Empire and the current US empire

hard to sell but judging from pic ,  turret shape and bore evacuator position ,  looks like another Leo 2 burning,  At least the turrets stay on though, so the wrecks are easier to recover. A lick of paint and good as new .

image.png.9c3ed1ac89bf35100d32325a648f5e7a.png

so didn't you guys train the Uke's there in the UK? Is it standard practice to bunch up all your armor in a tight wad on battlefield with missiles, laser guided Artillery, and Suicide drones all coming in from what  look like and endless Rusi supply of this stuff?  I was under the impression that during an assault you want some dispersion?

This war has also been extremely light on tank engagements, mostly artillery and drones doing all the work,

which at that point i don't think it matters what Tank make and model your trundling around in

image.png.ac36ed194330a1db02ee87e10b373b86.png

From what I gathered they may have followed the mine clearing tank? It might have broken down after which the vehicles passed it and drove on mines?

But ofcourse, good and reliable info is hard to  obtain.

that makes sense, i watched a Russian column have problems with mines and also bad outcome for the vehicles .  The Russians tend  to just swerve around the destroyed vehicle and keep charging forward, or try and swerve  in big circle to go back,  but equally bad results.

I watched the strike on this Leo/Bradley grouping as it was stationary and it was hard to figure out what was hitting this bunch though. The Bradleys just started smoking and then exploding. Likely ATGM's , but they looked like they were coming from behind the direction the armor is facing?

the Kornet has already shown effective against Turkish Leopards in Syria, where they blew up half a dozen, including turret-pops. Doesn't appear to be any effective countermeasure against  Dual war-head top attack rockets at this point in Russia or NATO

image.png.c70bf6ed8b7caf8b46f54214b346dc48.png