Condensation in the cab

67burwood

My Dad uses a electric de-humidifier out in his wood workshop, as anything metal used to get covered in condensation in the winter months.  He tells me it did the trick but you have to remember to empty the tray regularly.

Its not just because your WOT is outside, my Loyd is in a modern uninsulated building and it was dripping with condensation in the days that the weather warmed up before xmas.

Edited by ajmac
  • Like 2

Just before Christmas i opened the side door of my sprinter van and there was puddles of water on the rear seat covers this area has no headlining My command car in the insulated garage was covered in condensation this was easily rectified with its fleecy lined winter car cover maybe off topic but a few years ago i had a bungalow insulated cavity walls loft space etc cost a few quid but the house suddenly started to become damp wall paper falling off mould around the skirting boards shoes going mouldy in the wardrobe but worst of all an inch of water in my gun cabinet could not sell it quick enough the problem with the WOT as with my sprinter is no headlining i will have to line the sprinter roof would a WOT or GMC etc left the factory with a bare painted metal roof  my local MOT garage was an old metal barn before they moved in they had the inside professionally sprayed with foam to solve this problem i wonder if i can aerosol spray foam my sprinter roof just an idea?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oats and barley said:

Just before Christmas i opened the side door of my sprinter van and there was puddles of water on the rear seat covers this area has no headlining My command car in the insulated garage was covered in condensation this was easily rectified with its fleecy lined winter car cover maybe off topic but a few years ago i had a bungalow insulated cavity walls loft space etc cost a few quid but the house suddenly started to become damp wall paper falling off mould around the skirting boards shoes going mouldy in the wardrobe but worst of all an inch of water in my gun cabinet could not sell it quick enough the problem with the WOT as with my sprinter is no headlining i will have to line the sprinter roof would a WOT or GMC etc left the factory with a bare painted metal roof  my local MOT garage was an old metal barn before they moved in they had the inside professionally sprayed with foam to solve this problem i wonder if i can aerosol spray foam my sprinter roof just an idea?

My Transit is exactly same, water dripping off the roof in the back because there’s no headlining, always had the same problem with series land Rovers, slam the door and get a shower, I use to stick a thin layer of rock wool insulation to the roof and then using hardboard form a headlining job done, the wot6 never had a lining and the roof shape isn’t the easiest shape to make something that looks period. 

We had a Peugeot van. I put this aluminum insulation foil that they put behind radiators on the roof with double sided tape. Than i screwed in a plate of laquered plywood. Worked very nice. Just a few self tapping scews will do.

• Like 1

I have a couple of greenhouse heaters for use in the interior of a couple of vehicles I store outside under tarps.  They work well and operate 24/7 using very little power and only enough heat to keep the interiors dry.  Cheap as chips to buy; screw on a couple of wood battens as feet and away you go.  Fit and forget.

51ie43ZaK6L._AC_UL600_SR600,400_.jpg

• Like 1

Hi  try a fly tarp  that  will generate a thermal barrier equalising the ambient temp inside and outside the cabin ,control the ventilation through the cabin both vertically and horizontally with hatch , windows ,windscreens and floor vents  cracked open and the problem of equalisation is complete.

Worth a try

Natural Physics  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaggs said:

Hi  try a fly tarp  that  will generate a thermal barrier equalising the ambient temp inside and outside the cabin ,control the ventilation through the cabin both vertically and horizontally with hatch , windows ,windscreens and floor vents  cracked open and the problem of equalisation is complete.

Worth a try

Natural Physics  

Thank you, I’ll certainly look into it.