Anyone we know?

andreadavide

Ear boy! When I wus 'tarting to learn to crunch carrots, my toys were a pair of beat up old David Browns, they did erverything asked of them.It took me as long timer to get round to the idea that you PULL the stopper on the forign Ford gadgets. That was back in the days when you thought it fun to stand them on there hind wheels whilst towing. :dunno:

looking at the pic's,..........mr van man, could probably have recovered himself, if he'd used some sense, and a lighter right foot. :whistle:

little grey fergy would have walked him out, ............. ;-)

We are talking white van man stupid enough to go past'not suitable for vehicles' sign. :dunno:Mind you I'm not impressed by MK man either.

We are talking white van man stupid enough to go past'not suitable for vehicles' sign. :dunno:Mind you I'm not impressed by MK man either.

I'm white van man, sometimes,.....................and there is one of these signs I do go past; :whistle: It cuts off quite a large corner, although it has had to have been bone dry for a couple of weeks otherwise, :whistle: :whistle:

I'm white van man, sometimes,.....................and there is one of these signs I do go past; :whistle: It cuts off quite a large corner, although it has had to have been bone dry for a couple of weeks otherwise, :whistle: :whistle:

Ah but, you do realiase when it rains there may be mud. A while back the road up to to the yard where I keep the vehicles flooded. It is along a quite narrow lane used as a rat run. I had got through with water upto the Range Rovers sills. A bit further on a new Mercedes was coming the other way. I stopped lowered the window and waved him down. I politley explained how bad the road was flooded and suggested he turn round. The idiot looked at me and put his foot down hard. I thought this is to good to miss. :naughty: turned round and drove back. sure enough this idiot had got the Merc stuck right in the middle of the water. I stopped opened the window, he looked at me and said'Got a tow rope' I thought said 'Yes, thanks'. Put the window up turned round and drove off. :evil:

There may be an element of truth in the following:

City guy drives his flash Merc down to the edge of a ford, sees farm labourer leaning on fence, and asks

"You there, is it shallow enough for me to get across OK in this?"

Our man replies

"Well, I should ha' thought so, sir"

So city man puts his foot down and stops with water lappng windscreen -

"You idiot, you said it would be OK!"

Labourer looks embarrased and replies

"Well tha's a rumm'n, the water only come half way up the master's ducks"

NOT ME!!!! Wish I'd thought of though. I did get followed through Eynesford by a woman in a little Vauxhall Minerva though. When she stopped in the middle, I was being a gentleman this time, she did say to me, well It only came halfway up your wheels, Darling I'm on 7.50x 16. :-D

Be warned during wet weather........ there is a ford in the New Forest which shows up as a normal road on Sat Nav systems, to make matters worse the depth marker shows a water depth but is placed in the shallow section and the actual road way is approx 2ft 6 in deeper :shake: :eek2: :eek2:

Ashley

Be warned during wet weather........ there is a ford in the New Forest which shows up as a normal road on Sat Nav systems, to make matters worse the depth marker shows a water depth but is placed in the shallow section and the actual road way is approx 2ft 6 in deeper :shake: :eek2: :eek2:

Ashley

Is that the one bettween East and West Wellow?