Should I buy an Austin Champ????????

Snapper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB

i wouls love a Dodge, my very favourite MV of them all. But my planning is all based on a fairly standard garage becoming available....and of course, I have to offload the Iltis, which has a couple of MOT inspired maladies at the moment. Now, if I could find somewhere to keep a Dodge, I'd consider it wholeheartedly. Current favourtes are an M201 to be kept in French mode, a MUTT or an M38. But this remains academic while the Iltis is in situ.

Go for a Dodge, you know you want to :evil: I am hoping a bit of the spending may come my way, want a Gipsy back REAL bad. :shake:

Just picked this up a couple of weeks ago, a very nice MK4 LWB ex Home Office Mobile Police Column vehicle, needs a little work but its a lovely old thing, runs really nice, steering is light and has a nice gearbox, comes with an air compressor/tyre inflator, and has the advantage over your standard land rover when it comes to selecting between 2 and 4 wheel drive is you can do it on the fly at a good turn of speed, you can even select between front and rear wheel drive!

TB

i wouls love a Dodge, my very favourite MV of them all. But my planning is all based on a fairly standard garage becoming available....

I keep my Dodge in a standard Marley garage with up'n over door, have to take canopy and hoops off, bit of a chor. then fold screen, it just fits with a couple of inches to spare each side, it normally drives in forwards then I climb out over the back.

Another hmvf member keeps his Ferret in the next garage