Rush Green Motors.

ploughman

any extra info on the 'challenges'.  Is it just a case of the value they put in a vehicle differs significantly from the value a prospective buyer might be willing to pay?  or is it something different.

It is a common thread across this site that sometimes the seller has significantly different view on the value of their asset.

I got very cross with RGM when I tried to buy something from them but we must remember that if these old traditional scrap yards had been more business like they would have cut these vehicles up fifty years ago. They own them and have no obligation to do anything with them. Many of these type of yards see these rotted remains as having been paid for so long ago as to be of no cost so they can just sit there and wait for some idiot with very deep pockets and no idea of reality. It is just very sad to see intact vehicles rotting away.

David

I've been a couple of times and both times wanted prices for items which I was prepared to grab my lorry and come back for. He had to go and do something and would be straight back, I'm still waiting!

Bunch of numpties, I was there about 30 years ago and tripped over an object half buried in the ground.  I recognised it as a Pioneer /Explorer distance frame which was completely rotted away but would serve as a pattern to make a new one.  On enquiring about the price I was told they use it most days and would be mad to let it go:banghead:.

• 3 weeks later...

Rush Green have been having a major clearout in the last 12 months. Much of the older stuff has sadly been cut up and is now gone forever.

I have a few friends that have bought from there and although the prices are high they argue that the parts were so rare where else could they find them?