Hello... please be nice im new!

Buttons

Hello all, This looks like a nice place to be! I'm Jenny and Ive just brought a RAF Ambulance 2a. If your interested its item number 170149955203 on the good old ebay. I have done up a few landys before.... But nothing this big! We plan to turn it in to a camper. Keeping it original on the outside but making it suitable for camping with children on the inside! I must be mad!

Anyhow.... Must dash

Buttons

Good afternoon Jenny, we really are gentleman here I do assure you. And if you belive that...... welcome to the world. Please keep it original, they don't honestly make that good a camper very cramped. Much easier just to buy a family tent. Check the back end, they have a nasty habit of chewing half shafts. RAF ambulances also should be fitted with two plugs to keep battery charged and engine hot, for crash starts.

Blimey- youve got your work cut out on that! I just sold my series 3 ambulance, looks like youve got the same Marshall body on the back as mine did. Mostly aluminium though, so rust shouldnt be a problem (up top anyway!).

Welcome here, you'll find us all a friendly bunch. ;-)

Hi Jenny;

Welcome to the friendly forum,................... :-)

Use to own an army version, me self,.............out of all the landies I owned, it had the best heater,....................got way to hot for me, even with vents and windows slid open as far as poss.

What area are you in, ?? .........if in east sussex, get in touch, as there's a group of us who meet once a month, - friendly bunch...who even allow landies to join in........... ;-)

Don't forget to post some pic's...............Oh, don't worry about Jack, and his cleaning rota, for the clubhouse,....................(although if you put pink cushions in landie, you'll be excused ANYTHING. :whistle:)

Enjoy yourself.

All the best,

Andy

Welcome Jenny and good to have you here - looks like you are going to be at home here.

Don't worry about the cleaning duties as Gus is still on cleaning detail - its those post war vehicle owners, they have no manners don't you know and they are taking up all of the clubhouse carpark with bits of old armour :roll:

Usually at this point I send the Dancing Girls along but that isn't going to be much use to you so I am y well have a word with the 'Essex Guys'......it should be interesting!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Thanks all for the posts... Makes me feel at Home!!!!!!!

Whats the best way to go about finding out the history of a vehicle? Any ideas most welcome!!!! I'm creating a website of the restoration if anyone wants a look?

Cheers

Jenny

Hi Guys,

At the Moment the site is running off the back of our transport site:

http://www.t-t-transport.co.uk/landyindex.htm

When its running the address will be: http://www.landrover109.co.uk

Take a look.... dont laugh!

Cheers

Jenny

Jenny make sure you post on the blogs here as well be very interesting to see.

Hi Jenny,

Site looks good, Well done. :-)

Landy looks great,........who'd have thought it, under all the stuff in the back, someone must have spent some cash on it (him ??)somewhen .

Look forward to the ongoing workings...........

All the best,

Andy