HMVFtv re problems doh and probs arrrrrrrrrrgh

Jeep Apprentice

Question

18 answers to this question

Hi Rik,

I've just tried a couple of vids & they are streaming ok my end at the moment, have you run windows update that should find the latest drivers for your video card... if you have a card without much memory that could be causing problems... Joris is the one with all the answers but he's swanning around the UK at the moment.. trying to get refugee status :whistle:

Rik,

I have those same problems. I have a nearly new PC, lots of RAM, good video card, 10mb broadband, it still stops every 10 seconds or so. Oh and there's really nothing wrong with Vista, once you get above 2GB of Ram!

Chris

Thanks folks for the feedback as it is important.

I will ask Joris for his feedback as he is the man - I just bring the boyish good looks to the table.

For me - it works better than YouTube in my office but just 'ok' at home :dunno: we are on it. Keep it coming the site is working - viewed around the world. :-D

I sort of get this problem, but I just pause the clip and do something else for a few minutes and let it build up a bit of a buffer. They play fine after that :computerterror:

I find that is the best way, go and open a beer :whistle:

Not wishing to be insubordinate to our glorious leader.....but..............

Does he actually ever do any proper work in his office......

:naughty:

Thanks Dave :computerterror2: I do manage to fit in my 'real' job from time to time :whistle:

Hi thanks for all the info, its deff not temp files probs, and I'm up to date with all drivers, I've not had any you tube probs to date, if it is just a fact that its a steadier stream then I really don't mind opening another beer to wait . I realise that theres been a huge amount of effort into the site and the vids I've seen have been awesome.

What I don't understand is thats fine for some and not for others

I'll check again my end and if I am missing something then I'll report back asap

thanks again

rik

Are you sure about the temp files??

First make sure you have nothing running on the PC.

Then click on Start then Run and type in cleanmgr /sageset:99 and click on OK.

This opens the built in disk cleaning tool with a lot more options - click the box beside everthing other than compress old files and click on OK

Now go back and click on Start then Run and now type in cleanmgr /sagerun:99 - and sit back for about 30 minutes or so.

This will get rid of a lot of hidden files that aren't required and which can possibly be affecting performance.

Thanks folks for the feedback as it is important.

Hi Jack,

first of all, thank you and all those involved for the creation of a "Youtube for MVs" -well done!

Unfortunately, though, there is a "however"- I'm suffering a couple of glitches and wonder if others have also had these problems.

The first is that whether I use the password sent to me, or one of my own choosing, I can use it for a while but then can't log in. I have to have a new one sent to me and then I can log in again. It's not that I'm getting it wrong or the "case" that it's in. I have no problem with this, or other forums.

The other niggle is that I can sometimes add a comment to a video- and sometimes I can't. I've tried a couple of times with some videos to no avail whereas others go on straight away. The comment box disappears when I submit it, but that's all.

Aside from this I find the site very user friendly- I've added a few short videos myself with no problems. I look forward to adding some more when I have something to film and to watching the work of others.

Sorry my first post has been a bit of a moan -please keep up the good work!

Hi Jack,

first of all, thank you and all those involved for the creation of a "Youtube for MVs" -well done!

Unfortunately, though, there is a "however"- I'm suffering a couple of glitches and wonder if others have also had these problems.

The first is that whether I use the password sent to me, or one of my own choosing, I can use it for a while but then can't log in. I have to have a new one sent to me and then I can log in again. It's not that I'm getting it wrong or the "case" that it's in. I have no problem with this, or other forums.

The other niggle is that I can sometimes add a comment to a video- and sometimes I can't. I've tried a couple of times with some videos to no avail whereas others go on straight away. The comment box disappears when I submit it, but that's all.

Aside from this I find the site very user friendly- I've added a few short videos myself with no problems. I look forward to adding some more when I have something to film and to watching the work of others.

Sorry my first post has been a bit of a moan -please keep up the good work!

Hi Eugene,

welcome to the forum, Joris wil be along soon to answer your questions, in the meantime maybe you could tell us a bit about yourelf & vehicle in the Introductions & Welcome section

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&board=19.0