Chieftain arrv

keviwal

hi all,

Well just to let you know the pack is coming out of the arrv tomorrow:(.

It's leaking fuel like there is no tomorrow, and the annoying thing is i only filled it up about 3 weeks ago all 600 litres of the stuff ,

I will post some pics of the removal , anyone got any tips to make my life any easier?

Will report back hope fully all in one piece !!

Bye for now

Kev Walker

Hi all,

well pack came out after about 3.5 hours not bad huh !! :-o.

Found the leak that took about 5 minutes! was a small pipe leading from the fuel pump. So tomorrow will be put it all back in, may have the gearbox out as we need to do some work on the brake cylinders , bit of a leak there as well.

I will post some pics and some video when we have got it all done. still i guess something else will rear its ugly head , thats the thing with this heavy armour you find one thing and then something else decides to go wrong:(.

Bye for now

K Walker

Hiya Chris,

Many thanks for the offer but we are sorted now. We got the pack out and in about 6 hours. Not sure if it may have to come out again at some time. It is a 13A ( as it should be in the ARRV) but i am guessing its getting to the end going by the clock on it , so will be on the look out for a pack at some stage.

I will post some pics and viseo when i get round to doing it.

Also has anyone delved into TN12 gearbo before?

Bye for now ,

Kev Walker

• 3 years later...