New tank to big do you think

Norbo

I am fairly sure that despite the anonymous forum name that it is Andrew Baker's Challenger.

Robin

robin,

i think ink you may be right, and was probably what m109a3uk was getting at with tanks trucks and firepower coming up. Great show and I am looking forward to it even though it's a 100 mile+ drive each way in the ferret 😁

Mick

I am fairly sure that despite the anonymous forum name that it is Andrew Baker's Challenger.

Robin

Definitely Mr Bakers, saw it last year at Tanks Trucks and Firepower. I hope he has it running this year. The show is well worth the visit.

Yes of course its Andys . my son and i poped in to see him and what a nice guy he was. very helpful and know his stuff my son and i were just breathless at the size of this tank . frankly i didn't think it was real when we first walked in i really thought it was a GAG tank made of wood just be ridiculousness massive for his show . you just cant beleave how masive it really is it would cover 3 lanes on the motorway . you couldn't drive it on duel carriage way i think its to wide unless it was in the verge on both sides . and he said it has a 3 mile range holly crap . the motor was out and thats as big as the back of a transit van all on its own

Yes of course its Andys . my son and i poped in to see him and what a nice guy he was. very helpful and know his stuff my son and i were just breathless at the size of this tank . frankly i didn't think it was real when we first walked in i really thought it was a GAG tank made of wood just be ridiculousness massive for his show . you just cant beleave how masive it really is it would cover 3 lanes on the motorway . you couldn't drive it on duel carriage way i think its to wide unless it was in the verge on both sides . and he said it has a 3 mile range holly crap . the motor was out and thats as big as the back of a transit van all on its own

Sorry to disappoint but Andy's tank is a Challenger 1 which is 11'6" wide, a standard UK motorway lane is 12', which can reduce to 10" without notification and less than that with notification (signage on the motorway).

Sorry to disappoint but Andy's tank is a Challenger 1 which is 11'6" wide, a standard UK motorway lane is 12', which can reduce to 10" without notification and less than that with notification (signage on the motorway).

It's actually narrower than a Chieftain. And what's the "3 mile range" mean?

Andy

It's actually narrower than a Chieftain. And what's the "3 mile range" mean?

Andy

I still like it,

unfortunately it doesn't matter what size it is it still won't fit on my drive and I'm sure I would get complaints from my neighbours :-)