Ex-military S1 Land Rover

MatchFuzee

Nice Land-Rover, but a shame that they couldn't be bothered (or were to stupid to know how) to fasten the rear curtain properly for the photos. It's probably OCD but it really irks me when the side flaps aren't put through the pockets!

The most I've paid for a Series 1 is £1500, the least £50. I wonder if this will make the £20k estimate, it is a fairly nondescript 86" after all, albeit quite original. Prices have gone a bit loopy of late though!

The £1500 one was an 86", approx 2750 vehicles earlier than the one in the auction. I may have to revise the value for the insurance!

I would suggest , don't even look at sales of Series 1 for at least 24 months until the dust settles , every chancer is trying his hand , every 'Classic' auctioneer waffles on about a / the (arguably) most basic utility being a work of art.

JLR / Jaguar Land Rover , have been recovering / sourcing bits all over , chassis / wrecks - dozens from dry climate Australia, over the next 12 months or so these will be "restored" and sold (the last I read) betweeen £60,000 to £80,000 depending on w.b.

This is just for production continuity since Defender production ceased and the new model rolls off the line , BS - continuous production of line-built for 67 years + , £millions small beer in the BIG picture for JLR

So expect all S1 to be asking top$ for a while yet , if you don't ask high £ , you don't get high £££££££££££

Edited by ruxy
spelin