No 19 radio set.

MartinN

When i purchased a new vehicle a radio set came with it, trouble is i know nothing about them or wether it even works. i don't want to keep it if i am honest. I live in Tenterden, Kent anyone know of someone who can have a look at it for me to see if its complete.

its a no 19 radio set made by RCA in canada. Dials are all marked in english and russian. Comes with a wireless supply unit canadian. an aerial variometer again made in canada. A set of headphones with a mic. The only connection wire is the one which looks like a dog bone. Also what is the value of this thing if i want to get rid of it. Winter is here and i need to go buying some spares.

don't sell the 19set if you have a dingo. Dingo with out one is no Dingo

When you want to pass the Dingo on it will be devalued by the cost of installing the correct kit at its replacement cost at that time. The way 19 set prices are going that is sure to be more than £300 in the future.

Try and hang on to the radio,without it the vehicle is incomplete.

Considering the role of the Dingo Peter's comment is quite correct, Recce vehicles carried radio sets,part of their function.