Daimler dingo spark plugs

MartinN

I was advised to fit the ones advertised as being for Land Rover 24V FFR. They worked very well.

- MG

Mike,

Land Rover (and Rolls B Range) are 3/4" reach plugs. The Daimler has 1/2" reach plugs. The problem with 3/4" reach plugs could be that if the threads protrudes into the combustion chamber they will get deposits on them and prove difficult to remove.

Edited by Richard Farrant

Mike,

Land Rover (and Rolls B Range) are 3/4" reach plugs. The Daimler has 1/2" reach plugs. The problem with 3/4" reach plugs could be that if the threads protrudes into the combustion chamber they will get deposits on them and prove difficult to remove.

So which plugs did you recommend in the pub?

Bearing in mind I had to feed and water Richard before he told me I should charge for this info. But in the interest of our hobby I will tell you all. He recommended Champion L10 ( L10C) plugs. The modern equivalent is the L86C.

Bearing in mind I had to feed and water Richard before he told me I should charge for this info. But in the interest of our hobby I will tell you all. He recommended Champion L10 ( L10C) plugs. The modern equivalent is the L86C.

Just to expand on Martin's post, he is using unscreened leads and plugs, hence the L10C/L86C reference.

If you want to go to the original spec, there are three alternative screened plugs, all came under the same NSN is later years, Champion RSL10, KLG RF50 and Lodge SR14.

Mike,

Thanks Richard, I had forgotten that was the caveat given along with the advice, The suggestion was that they should be pulled once a year and the threads cleaned. I suppose the final decision depends on price and availability.

- MG

Thanks Richard, I had forgotten that was the caveat given along with the advice, The suggestion was that they should be pulled once a year and the threads cleaned. I suppose the final decision depends on price and availability.

- MG

The Champion ones are available as I have just obtained a set.