Health and Safety risk assessment

Great War truck

Does anybody have a template for a health and safety risk assessment that I could use for a small MVT event please?

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

I can send you an example I have prepared for a smaller event if you can PM me your email address. Please use it as a guide only.

Whether a risk assessment is "suitable and sufficient" is always dependent on the actual hazards of the event, and done sensibly should be a useful guide on the reasonable precautions to take while still having fun.

You also have consider who is asking you for this. Sometimes it is just for the site owner who wants to "tick a box" to keep insurers happy or sometimes it may be a Local Authority who will enforce the statutory H&S at an event (although they will all have 100% perfect hindsight after an incident!).

Tim,

I can send you an example I have prepared for a smaller event if you can PM me your email address. Please use it as a guide only.

Whether a risk assessment is "suitable and sufficient" is always dependent on the actual hazards of the event, and done sensibly should be a useful guide on the reasonable precautions to take while still having fun.

You also have consider who is asking you for this. Sometimes it is just for the site owner who wants to "tick a box" to keep insurers happy or sometimes it may be a Local Authority who will enforce the statutory H&S at an event (although they will all have 100% perfect hindsight after an incident!).

Hi John,

Can you send me a copy too.

Many thanks,

James.

Hi John,

Can you send me a copy too.

Many thanks,

James.

Will do James, but the one I have is for a very small event (70th Jeeps Anniv at Woolwich that did for Nick). I'd think need something between that and what Rex has produced each year.

Thanks for the help everybody. That was a very useful exercise. I am not sure if anybody has ever had to make an insurance claim but I am terrified of litigation and think that having completed a risk assessment helps focus the mind on risks and would help if we ever have to make a claim.

Thanks again