new snickers advert

David Ives

I thought T55 but the bore evacuator 2/3 down the barrel is a primary recognition feature of a T62.

You only get a brief glimpse of the running gear. First glance suggests a gap between first and second roadwheels, suggesting a T54/55, but second glance suggests maybe that gap isn't there and it may be between roadwheels 3/4 and 4/5, again suggesting a T62. (Roadwheel layout is a secondary identifying feature since we only ever expected to see them head on.

Non-prominence of a splash guard on the glacis plate precludes T72 (wrong roadwheels for T64).

However, as I type, it occurs to me that it might be a Chinese clone, maybe a T59?

Next time I clock the advert I'll check for further recognition features. (Cos I don't watch the adverts and only click to this one after the recognition opportunities have gone and I really, really, feel no urge whatsoever to use my Sky+ to rewind ADVERTS!!!)

Alien, the former AFV recognition instructor.

I thought T55 but the bore evacuator 2/3 down the barrel is a primary recognition feature of a T62.

You only get a brief glimpse of the running gear. First glance suggests a gap between first and second roadwheels, suggesting a T54/55, but second glance suggests maybe that gap isn't there and it may be between roadwheels 3/4 and 4/5, again suggesting a T62. (Roadwheel layout is a secondary identifying feature since we only ever expected to see them head on.

Non-prominence of a splash guard on the glacis plate precludes T72 (wrong roadwheels for T64).

However, as I type, it occurs to me that it might be a Chinese clone, maybe a T59?

Next time I clock the advert I'll check for further recognition features. (Cos I don't watch the adverts and only click to this one after the recognition opportunities have gone and I really, really, feel no urge whatsoever to use my Sky+ to rewind ADVERTS!!!)

Alien, the former AFV recognition instructor.

How embarrasing is this? Did I dream the above? Bore evacuator at the end of the barrel: it's a T55. End of. There IS a good view of the road wheels: gap between 1 and 2 - it certainly a T54/55. And glacis plate splash guard IS clearly visible.

Sincere apologies.