Rare NI Saracen - someone save it please?

sirhc

I found this yesterday, it looks to have many of the modifications done to the Pigs, and even some others. It would be easy enough to save, and was very complete. Someone please save it before it gets cut up! If you want details send me a PM. I'm not sure of the price, it might not be cheap, but it is probably unique.

Chris

width=640 height=480http://www.sirhc.co.uk/gallery/album/Hamptons/IMG_1910.JPG[/img]

This Saracen has the protection added from Op Kremlin 1 & Kremlin 2, worth rescueing of course but not really that rare. Reading the REME SITREPs of 1973/4, the figures vary, but all Saracens went through Op Kn 1 & 2, the maximum figured recorded was 397 Saracens.

• 4 weeks later...

This Saracen was not alone 12 months ago! it is 1 of a bach of 20ish which have mostly been cut up. A better look round the yard would have revealed one more of them, painted in sand. They had all been stood for a very long time in the open and have stuck engines. I am very familiar with the yard visiting on a weekly basis, even had my own key for a few months whilst I worked on a vehicle which I bought from them. I was on first name terms with the two large Rotwielers which the night watchman would regullarly let lose!!!

John,

Yes I did see the other one at the end of the yard. I assume they came from Jacksons, as I'm sure the other one was in the tender they had. I was there a couple of times the other month resucing a few parts from the last couple of Spartans before they're cut up too.

Chris