All this ww2 armour!

Billruston

I like the "believed to be internally complete .... concrete needs to be removed from the inside"

Bring your own chisel and find out! :D

are they serious ??? £30 Grand for a tank full of concrete???

.......I can very vividly imagine the work that would need to be done to do as they say ..

..............'remove the concrete from inside' ..

Like oh yeah...give it a little tap , turn the tank upside down and give it a bit of a shake and it'll all fall out will it ????

.. I'm presuming it's full to the top ? but even if it isn't???

....that is going to be some kind of incredibly difficult thing to do...

.......I can very vividly imagine the work that would need to be done to do as they say ..

Like oh yeah...give it a little tap , turn the tank upside down and give it a bit of a shake and it'll all fall out will it ????

You just cut it in half and the concrete middle falls out!

Its been done a number of times before, I've seen the results.

I've been involved with a couple of concrete Tanks, pictured is the last .It still houses engine and all internal components.

And yes I re-covered it for future extraction !

Trust me when I say It is not an easy task removing the concrete from these hulls, concrete was at its best back then ..............One of sand two of cement !

Rob..............rnixartillery

churchill 009.jpg

churchill 010.jpg

churchill 011.jpg

churchill 013.jpg

I've been involved with a couple of concrete Tanks, pictured is the last .It still houses engine and all internal components.

Trust me when I say It is not an easy task removing the concrete from these hulls, concrete was at its best back then ..............One of sand two of cement !

Ohhh - I would love to have that one !!! :D:D

Anyone remember the (in)famous Mythbusters method of removing concrete from inside structures??? :D:D

WOW Rob what a great project to recover for history....I have done a lot of work in underground mines and can truly appreciate the jack hammer/chisel work it takes....Would you mind posting a picture or two of a complete project? Great work..

The very best to you.....

Ohhh - I would love to have that one !!! :D:D

Anyone remember the (in)famous Mythbusters method of removing concrete from inside structures??? :D:D

What? Do you mean "how much plastic explosive does it take to clean a cement mixer?"

Yep, that was a good one.