RE 1st WW photos

ploughman

Interesting indeed. Friend sent me this link earlier this evening that is worth a look. Primarily a WW1 Aviation address in NZ (and they do, do it well!) however there are a couple of interesting MT pics that qualify it for inclusion here. Rod

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1385149639/Photos+from+The+Vintage+Aviator+Ltd%27s+Remembrance+Day+airshow

Much of the funding and influence for the aircraft restoration and total builds ( as a new aircraft from original plans) comes from the film maker Peter Jackson and his companies. The boarded up bus is characteristic of nature of the work.

Check also http://www.omaka.org.nz/ This collection has also had the film makers influence in display format. It is not a row of aircraft simply lined up.An outstanding display.

Doug

Much of the funding and influence for the aircraft restoration and total builds ( as a new aircraft from original plans) comes from the film maker Peter Jackson and his companies. The boarded up bus is characteristic of nature of the work.

Check also http://www.omaka.org.nz/ This collection has also had the film makers influence in display format. It is not a row of aircraft simply lined up.An outstanding display.

Doug

That's not all the influence he and his companies have. There is a girl at the RAF Museum who's job is sponsored by him, TVAL (who build the planes) paid for a HUGE scanner, and her job is to make headway into making digital copies of the WW1 aircraft plans and providing TVAL with copies of them all. So going by the plans she's been sending we could possibly be seeing some interesting types coming out of their hangers.

Peter Jackson some time ago purchased a Crossley Tender, I am surprised this it not surfaced yet. Communication from the Crossley register has not been responded to, perhaps misdirected as his organisation must be quite large.

Here is a picture without a body some time before export.

Crossley tender 5.jpg

Peter Jackson some time ago purchased a Crossley Tender, I am surprised this it not surfaced yet. Communication from the Crossley register has not been responded to, perhaps misdirected as his organisation must be quite large.

Here is a picture without a body some time before export.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86849[/ATTACH]

Thats outside John Warburtons house!. On that basis I assume he sold it to Mike Sutcliffe?

Yes it is outside Johns, I suppose the unmade road is a giveaway.

I am not sure who owned it later as it has passed a number of hands, but I remember seeing a photo when it was advertised in the hcvs newsletter. However I could not find my copy, so used this image.

Tom