Another what trailer is this!

Hi,

I came across this nice little trailer today and just wandered what it is? ..Its very complete and in fairly good condition.

It runs on 9.00 20 tyres which make it a fair size and height..

I am yet to make an offer but not really sure how much it is worth? The plan is to tow it behind a k9.

2013-12-05 14.42.56.jpg

If I manage to get it then I may have a widetrack sankey going for reasonable monies...

regards

martin

2013-12-05 14.41.30.jpg

2013-12-05 14.41.46.jpg

2013-12-05 14.42.05.jpg

2013-12-05 14.42.25.jpg

2013-12-05 14.43.04.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

I came across this nice little trailer today and just wandered what it is? ..Its very complete and in fairly good condition.

It runs on 9.00 20 tyres which make it a fair size and height..

I am yet to make an offer but not really sure how much it is worth? The plan is to tow it behind a k9.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84711[/ATTACH]

If I manage to get it then I may have a widetrack sankey going for reasonable monies...

regards

martin

Go for it. The trailer is a 1 ton GS Sankey

It will go perfect with your Austin K9.

I used this trailer in Germany and the Gulf.

Sean Mc Cargo

Made by both Brockhouse & Sankey.

The small brass sign is an unladen centre of gravity marker.

PS As for price a lot depends on the state of the tyres. I have a similar trailer but with a cipher office 8 years or so ago it cost £450 to get 2 tyres fitted. So factor that in your offer, the treads were fine but cracking was the worry.

Edited by fv1609

Hi,

A trailer behind a vehicle makes it much more interesting (and useful going to rallies). Good used tyres are sourceable from time to time for realistic money, and it depends just how much milage and loading you are going to put on them as to whether they have to be perfect or not. A small amount of superficial cracking isn't always a problem on a trailer.

Sometimes silly money is being asked for this sort of trailer, but they don't sell. To me nearer the scrap price is the answer, as they don't really have much commercial use nowerdays.

Be good to see it behing your K9.

All the best

Adrian (aka HubbyHumber)

Sometimes silly money is being asked for this sort of trailer, but they don't sell. To me nearer the scrap price is the answer, as they don't really have much commercial use nowerdays.

Bit ironic, years ago when these 1 ton trailers came up for auction in the military sales they didn't have much commercial use then and often sold for as little as £20