The Cold War Collection soon to open its doors

paulob1

After much searching and much prevarication I have finally decided to open the doors to the collection where it is in Guildford

We are re-organising things and hoped to have the doors open before Christmas but that isn't going to happen now, it will be in the new year, I will spend most of the break tidying and setting the place up...cleaning vehicles organizing displays and data sheets, info packs and other stuff, its only the first phase, just to get a feel for the interest...and to see if people want to come...it will take me a bit of time to get the place sorted as the current place is just a load of 18x 24 tents, we have a lot of them and outdoor displays a small marquee and a small entrance and coffee shop in one of the insulated 18 x 24 tents...they are really cosy with the arctic insulation panels...

going to charge 5 pounds per person, kids free....

we are going to fit out a saracen hull as a kiddy play thing, so they can jump all over it and sit in it and drive it, we have to make it safe and clean, we will remove the good parts we need and make the rest of it comfy and safe, although we will make it clear that children must be supervised and play at their own risk...insurance with the NFU

going to have a B81 and a zil131 engine on stands running, 1 pound to start the zil engine...may have a k60 running but thats maybe a bit too noisy and cumbersome but we will have one pack displayed...maybe one by the 432...and likely we wont get the time to do all of that...

Currently we only have an acre to use but hopefully once i get the new place we will have a good deal more...

got to get the T54 and Chieftain sorted for the display and put the fh77 into the arena and for now will only display vehicles, no rides will be given although my son will start some of the vehicles at times when people are about, there may be a country walk for those who want to go for a wander...but not sure about this as of yet...

am still looking for more vehicles and have a load of work to do but its a start and all ideas or help gratefully accepted...

thanks Guys, hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks their will be the following new vehicles in the collection...

CHieftain

T54

PTS-m

KUB

Kraz 255

Bat M

ZS2

Star 660 with ambulance body for display of the horrors of war...what the cold war was all about stopping war...

BMP

and WDK arnmoured recovery tank..

just sorting colection and deliveries etc...think i need to seriously consider getting myself a tank transporter...

thanks Guys, hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks their will be the following new vehicles in the collection...

CHieftain

T54

PTS-m

KUB

Kraz 255

Bat M

ZS2

Star 660 with ambulance body for display of the horrors of war...what the cold war was all about stopping war...

BMP

and WDK arnmoured recovery tank..

just sorting colection and deliveries etc...think i need to seriously consider getting myself a tank transporter...

forgot the BTR 60 PB too...