Rapier Trailer Enquirey

ferretfixer

Question

Gentlemen, (Excuse Me ladies!) I am enquiring if anyone who owns a complete Rapier trailer could assist Me at all? I need to see a Photo of the CENTRE Brackets that go in the area of the Mudguards. That hold the CENTRE Hoop stick for supporting the tilt. Also would be useful, to see a pic of the hoop stick, connecting rods/bars & securing pins. That hold the complete tilt hoop stick set together. I have hankered after one of the trailers for a long time, & finally have one. I have sourced a N.O.S tilt & the three Hoop sticks. & would like to make the missing components. (Unless anyone has the missing rods/bars they wish to part with!) I think these trailers look far better than a 3/4 ton Sankey, & are more versatile for different purposes. You can sleep in one for a start! ;) Is there a register of owners for these trailers at all? There are so many different variants I am beginning to discover! I have a CD ROM parts list. But would love to obtain a User Handbook if at all possible. Or even a copy. Anybody?............:cool2: Thank you in advance for your time & consideration to this request guys! Cheers! Mike. :thanx:

13 answers to this question

Well, To be honest. I didn't think a picture of a trailer under a sheet. (Been Raining a LOT down here!) & a set of sticks on the floor with the tilt. Would interest you guys very much?........:cool2: I was aiming at the Rapier 1 Ton trailer owners, who are fortunate enough to own a trailer that is actually complete. :-D I NEED to see what the centre hoopstick mounting bracket LOOKS like. Then I can make one from any photos supplied on here. :cheesy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84581[/ATTACH] Well, I fail to see how these can help really. But here they are for you Griff! ;) The last Two show the front RHS brackets for the hoop sticks. Which are an integral part of the trailer. The rear one's are similar. But I am assuming that the centres ones are a sepperate bolt on (?) unit that has a small raised tube to accept a hoop stick end. Are these bolted/Loose on top of the mudguards? There are no holes to evidence that these mounts were a bolt on/ removable fixture on this trailer. Can ANYONE supply a Photo/ Illustration. Of what these centre Mount brackets look like Please? Something from a parts list would be excellent, if a Photo cannot be done. My parts list CD ROM, does NOT show these brackets. That I need this information for. :embarrassed:Cheers! Mike.

Mike the Technical Description is covered in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 210/8 but it doesn't cover what you want. It does reveal that the User Handbook is not an Army one but a RAF one in the form of AP 4675E(UH) but I don't have that I'm afraid.

Don't know if this is the set up you are referring to

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk188/670719/P3090122.jpg

Found it on this thread, maybe there is something else on there with an answer

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/military-trailers/105380-rapier-resupply-trailer-detail.html

do you have the side fitting jerry can holders for the rapier trailer?

if so would you be willing to deal i have a full set of hoops with all fittings.

Dave

Mike the Technical Description is covered in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 210/8 but it doesn't cover what you want. It does reveal that the User Handbook is not an Army one but a RAF one in the form of AP 4675E(UH) but I don't have that I'm afraid.

Thanks for the snippet of Info Clive. It's now a start to locate one of these manuals! Cheers! :laugh:

do you have the side fitting jerry can holders for the rapier trailer?

if so would you be willing to deal i have a full set of hoops with all fittings.

Dave

Hello Dave, Nice offer. But I HAVE the three Hoop sticks & a N.O.S Cover. Just need the connecting rods that go between all three. I will probably end up making them. As they are simple........It's Info/ a Picture of the Bottom Mounting bracket that goes on the wing. That I need, or indeed. Obtain a pair of them! I do not have any of the jerry can holding brackets with my Trailer Im' afraid. But I have seen plenty of pictures of them. I don't think they would be too difficult to make/ get made, yourself? Mike.

Clive, That was very kind of you to look out this info. But sadly, Im not going to fit JC holders to my own trailer. What I REALLY need, is a picture/drawing/ details of the bracket that fits on the WING. To hold the CENTRE Hoop stick. I THINK I could make a cobble up to do the job. But I want to REPLICATE what the actual issue item looks like for mine. Cheers anyway Buddy! :D

Is there REALLY nobody else on the Forum who owns a Rapier trailer complete with hoop sticks?.......:embarrassed:

I have had absolutely no positive response from any owners of these magnificent trailers. With my request to a photo/info/drawing of the centre wing mount. For the middle hoop stick.

I find it very difficult to believe no one has an example that is complete!..:blush: Come on guys! It's a very simple request!.....PLEEEEEZE!....:-D