MoD Tool. What is it?

fesm_ndt

I thought this was just a heavy duty, pin chisel, but then I noticed the markings.

Any ideas?

Any use to anyone?

Mike,

Just a standard marking on army tools, the last two groups of the NSN. It looks like a gouging chisel, but cannot see the end to be sure. You will find this marking on anything from hammers to sockets. A check on the NSN says it is Punch, drive pin.

Edited by Richard Farrant

Mike,

Just a standard marking on army tools, the last two groups of the NSN. It looks like a gouging chisel, but cannot see the end to be sure. You will find this marking on anything from hammers to sockets. A check on the NSN says it is Punch, drive pin.

cheers. I was concerned I was whacking a special tool with a big hammer.

REME or in Aussie RAEME (Royal Australian Easy Money Earners) :-D

The toolbox I got off ebay had around 7 chisels in it which have been getting a hammering (excuse my pun) as really useful at slicing metal that the angle grinder cant get into.

Apart from a hammer we also used the calibrated drop method for fixing electronic or other fiddly things. The method is hold said fiddly item 1 foot off concrete and drop it. If it worked, its fixed, if not repeat as necessary

This particular type of tool, was GENERALLY issued to Vehicle Mech's & Metalsmith's. The tools I used later in Service as an Armourer. Were of much finer construction, for precision use! Having said that the 'Birmingham Screwdriver' (Hammer!) was a VERY useful tool, IF. Used with correct diligence!.....................:D I will leave it to your imagination as to what Mechanics & Reccy Mechs would term Diligent!.....:-X Sorry Guys! Only Joshing! :cheesy:

With tongue in cheek, as Mike and I have had a couple of sidebar email exchanges and I sense some cameraderie, I could be tempted to put a caption to the picture of "a tool, holding a tool" but some would say that was cruel;)

All meant in the best possible taste:-D

R

I resemble that comment :-D