Rifle Holder Ford GPW

125LAA

Does anyone know the correct way the rifle holder should be fitted, at present I have mine fitted the right way up for want of a better word but I have seen some upside down. Is there a correct way or is this just preference Thanks

:nut:

That's interesting. Ours is facing down and eveyrtime we remove the weapon we hit the dash panel lamps.

I would have thought it would have been easier to fit and remove weapon if the holder was "upside down" as such.

Is it to do with visabilty do you think.

Thanks , take a look at this pic, I have seen others as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]77295[/ATTACH]

If the canvas was down the weapon would get wet when it rained. The other variable might be the length of the dash lights - am I right in thinking that some American dash lights are longer than others ?

If the canvas was down the weapon would get wet when it rained. The other variable might be the length of the dash lights - am I right in thinking that some American dash lights are longer than others ?

Quite so David, nothing worse than a damp weapon when you need it

Pete

Quite so David, nothing worse than a damp weapon when you need it

Pete

Lots of variables there. With the screen up it would be quicker to access your weapon but if it was raining you would have a wet rifle.

If your a purist the factory fit is the way to go. I will think on.

• 2 weeks later...