Any idea where this is and the story?

jchinuk

I have seen CVR(T)s modified for OPFOR use on Salisbury Plain and Suffield, but I've never encountered anything like this, http://shushpanzer-ru.livejournal.com/1519502.html#cutid1

I've tried translating it, but the text gives no details of the location or date, though it appears to have been there for a while.

Any ideas or more pictures?

Thanks in advance

jh

Modified for film work? I'm sure there was one that looked like this around a few years ago.

Could be, but looks rather extensive. I remember a fairly 'standard' Chieftain in the film 'Realm of Fire' (standard aside from a ruddy great dragon making it toast!).

jh

Located in Patricroft, Manchester and was to be used on a James Bond film but I don't think it was.

I am told by a friend it was 'Goldeneye' and from the scene where JB leaps out of the window (well, through the window actually) and commandeers the T-55 for the chase through St. Petersburgh. The other three tanks in the yard are modified Chieftains, which look like the one in the pictures.

Thanks to one and all.

jh