Tank MuseumWW1 Renault FT-17 Tank, the other one?

BC312

A visit the Tank Museum a while ago i found that one side of the Renualt FT-17 tank had its wheel track section removed, thinking that it was removed for restoration i found that it was removed so it could be copied for another FT-17 that had this section missing. Question i ask is who owns the other FT-17?

I think I heard the Weald Foundation (former SDKFZ Foundation) was allowed to remove those parts to copy them, in exchange for which they would restore them. I dont know if this is for a restoration or fabricating a complete replica.

It looks like the Weald Foundation are the ones who have the FT-17 tank. Not sure if they have a replica or an original. There are two FT-17 replica tanks that were made in Poland for a film recently. The builder, a reenactor who runs a group has kept one, the other, i believe was sold on ebay, so not sure who owns that.

Are there any forum members here who are members of the Weald Foundation and how do you join and would anyone know more about this FT tank they own?

A lot of FT17 were stripped of turrets and these used for static, the running gear was also converted to SP guns. One entire Panzer battalion was Ft's, can't remeber number at this time in the morning, they went to the Island's and were the only Panzer unit never to see action. :D There may still be one under the ground in Gurnersey, but local landowners are making survey dificults. (Possibly some Messerschmits as well?)