FRC8194 axle

fesm_ndt

G'Day

Anyone got a parts diagram for a FRC8194 axle.

Apparently fitted to armoured 110's in NI. Was wondering if the recently released Snatch have them also?

Curious to see whats in them, as I know it's a Salisbury diff centre, standard CV but the swing arms, stub axles and disc are different. So keen to dig deeper into this before I buy one

G'Day

Anyone got a parts diagram for a FRC8194 axle.

Apparently fitted to armoured 110's in NI. Was wondering if the recently released Snatch have them also?

Curious to see whats in them, as I know it's a Salisbury diff centre, standard CV but the swing arms, stub axles and disc are different. So keen to dig deeper into this before I buy one

also standerd fit on rapier 130

also standerd fit on rapier 130

thats interesting....... anyone got a parts manual or pages for that?

curious if 10 spline or 24 spline stubs as that bit is standard LR...... The info I was told today was "is that from the chrome balls outwards is just standard Land Rover Axles (pre 300tdi) the special parts are the casing and the drive shafts the panhard rod and the steering bar."

If fitted to Rapier trucks cant be that rare??

What I have read and seen is that its a salisbury diff centre with modified case and axles with standard rover balls and stubsIs a bit daft as beefy diff and halfshafts but the cv yokes are standard. 101 also have Salisbury front axles but are wide and also have bigger CV's and bigger balls to accomodate themThe pictures I have of this diff shows it is definately salisbury for the casing, removable diff pan and the input shaft. The axle case is also the pretensioned type

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67671[/ATTACH]

Edited by fesm_ndt

Apologies,

FRC8194 appears as Rover type axle in the Snatch Illustrated Parts Catalogue.

I have managed to establish the following from earlier TRUCK ARMOURED PATROL 4X4 LAND ROVER Commercial Parts List:-

Swivels and hubs are pre- Defender items as stated earlier

Unique steering arm and Panhard rod as stated earlier

Unique axle case FRC8192

Differential is identical to 110 rear differential

Plus the following unique parts:-

FRC7580 Axle shaft c/w CV joint RH

AEU2522 CV Joints

RTC3946 Inner drive shaft RH

FRC7581 Axle shaft c/w CV joint LH

RTC3947 Inner drive shaft LH

FRC8337 Swivel pin bearing housing c/w bush

FRC8219 Oil seal swivel pin housing

Hope this helps.

Apologies,

FRC8194 appears as Rover type axle in the Snatch Illustrated Parts Catalogue.

I have managed to establish the following from earlier TRUCK ARMOURED PATROL 4X4 LAND ROVER Commercial Parts List:-

Differential is identical to 110 rear differential

Hope this helps.

yep.... the 110 rear axle is a Salisbury unit or a Dana 60. Bit strange as thats Salisbury US, not UK. Civi defenders reverted to Rover axles in 2008 which is a weaker design but I was told the mod preffered this as pulling the innards out of a Salisbury is not easy due to the pretensioned case

Salisbury are beefier, and were not fitted often to the front. Some early series had them but are not so wide. 101's had them but were widest and had different cv's (and drums), the strongest axle fitted to LR front ends

Looking for a parts break down so I can see if the 300tdi discs and stubs fit or have to put range rover bits in that are supposed to fit.

Another odd quirk is some have ventilated front discs and some have non ventilated. The picture above shows non ventilated. So the input above saying they were also fitted to the recently relased Snatches make me wonder if the part number for them is different as defenders went ventilated around '98 I think.

Anyone got some snatch laying around? :D

just checking in... anyone got scanned pages of the snatch front axle, that I can peek at to see if same as above, or if they use standard LR diffs?

Also was someone breaking snatches recently anyone got any details as am thinking a snatch one would be better than an earlier rapier spec item with respect to the outer CV's and splines