Ot-64 SKOT and MTLBu

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending $7000 on a new motor, the gear box really shat itself. It was sold to a chap in Western Australia. The money is being used on the SKOT and MTLBu and a BRDM-2 that is currently being restored, ready in two weeks!

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

SKOT

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

MTLBu

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

After spending $7000 on a new motor, the gear box really shat itself. It was sold to a chap in Western Australia. The money is being used on the SKOT and MTLBu and a BRDM-2 that is currently being restored, ready in two weeks!

fantastic....well done and at last...these are from Jarek are they...he is a good man if it is...

Edited by Marmite!!
Photos trimmed from quote

Yes mate...Moto Armia.......they are also helping get back my money from that other piece of snot! LOL They won't fit in my driveway though! Should cause a stir when I drive the SKOT/ BRDM-2 on the road

Cheers

Troy

Can't wait to drive them.....hopefully they won't break down after two hours :D

Yes mate...Moto Armia.......they are also helping get back my money from that other piece of snot! LOL They won't fit in my driveway though! Should cause a stir when I drive the SKOT/ BRDM-2 on the road

Cheers

Troy

Can't wait to drive them.....hopefully they won't break down after two hours :D

I am off to see JAREK NEXT WEEK TO COLLECT TWO BRDM'S. i WILL GIVE HIM ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE SO AND SO...i MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.

Tell him I said G'day LOL.....he should have started work on the BRDM-2 by then.

Cheers

Troy

PS The SKOT and MTLBu leave for Bremerhaven on the 27th August, Iam hoping my arm will be healed enough so that I can drive them :laugh:, NOT allowed to drive for seven weeks

Thanks for the great comments fellas! There is one other SKOT in Australia and that is at Puckapunyal, it hasn't been started in over 15 years and is a very sad, sad state. As far as I know there are not very many MTLBu's floating around the place. I suppose they would be similar to drive as the MTLB? So that begs the question LOL, how do you drive one of these??

Cheers

Troy

Thanks for the great comments fellas! There is one other SKOT in Australia and that is at Puckapunyal, it hasn't been started in over 15 years and is a very sad, sad state. As far as I know there are not very many MTLBu's floating around the place. I suppose they would be similar to drive as the MTLB? So that begs the question LOL, how do you drive one of these??

Cheers

Troy

mtlb's are relatively easy, they have a neutral turn function so turn on ths spot when in neutral and you pull the levers.

they have five gears and are very fast...scary once you get into 4th and fifth. they steer well at low speed very slowly at high speed...

brakes stop you instantly, air operated and will have you doing stoppies in no time...get a seat belt

normal clutch and gearbox operation...throttle and brake...

lovely engine...

seeing Jarek on thursday next week...

Hi Paul & Troy, welcome to the BRDM club!

If you need manuals, I have a couple of versions in English.

Paul, if you are over there and you see if you can lay hands on the louver control box for a 9P148 - a later model than the one here I think... It's a control box mounted just inside the battery charger door on the driver side rear wheel arch. It has loads of connectors on.

Cheers,

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

The SKOT and MTLBu now in Germany, getting ready to be shipped out on the 16th September. MAN...it has been a long session ( and painfully expensive :embarrassed: ) taken one year to get them here. Can't wait to see and hear them though :laugh:.

BRDM-2, UAz and the MW-650 arrive in Melbourne on the 5th of November. Will make a great convoy going down the roads of Tasmania....turn a few heads it will.....except the MTLBu has to be trucked.

What next, I don't know :nut: LOL.

Cheers

Troy

Hi Paul & Troy, welcome to the BRDM club!

If you need manuals, I have a couple of versions in English.

Paul, if you are over there and you see if you can lay hands on the louver control box for a 9P148 - a later model than the one here I think... It's a control box mounted just inside the battery charger door on the driver side rear wheel arch. It has loads of connectors on.

Cheers,

Richard.

How are those manuals coming..brother??;)

excellent, you certainly have to go through some hoops to get your toys. i thought an 800 mile drive was tough enough...

I am on the trawl for a few more toys soon...

not got the cash together yet but it will happen in the next 6 months I hope...

How about a DANA :wow:......The exporter didn't bother cleaning them......the shipper did it....cost 110 EURO per hour, spent 7 hours on the MTLBu and same again on the SKOT. The exporter was supposed to put off road tyres on the SKOT and instead of changing the road tyres over as asked just threw them in the back of the SKOT >:(.

UNBELIEVABLE........what a bunch of numptys.