Ot-64 SKOT and MTLBu

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexy little UAZ's [ATTACH=CONFIG]67765[/ATTACH] Go on Neil, you know you want one!

469, Great toy, quieter to drive than 452's as im sat on engine. Shout if you need any info on it, done a lot of work on mine.

As something to live in the OH wants a bit bigger space than the 452 offers!! :D

For the right price - I could easily be tempted by a 469 to go with the Landrover though!! :D

The vehicles turned up at Bremerhaven in a filthy condition, wether a hatch had been left open on the MTLBu I don't know, but this is what it looked like...

DSCF4854.jpg

The gear box had been replaced but they never cleaned up after wards....

IMG_2230.jpg

None of the road wheels had been cleaned either....

IMG_2222.jpg

Aussie quarantine would have had a field day, 110 EURO per hour to clean, the MTLBu took seven hours and Iam told the SKOT took another 5.

Wasn't very impressed :mad:

The SKOT wasn't as bad, BUT they did not put the off road tyres on as instructed to do and threw them into the back of the SKOT.......

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

Some ugliness inside and out, mainly underneath hadn't been cleaned.....

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

Good news...though. The BRDM-2 has been painted on the outside :D

20120915.jpg

:nut: Nice Uaz, looks great!! Do you mind me asking how old, where from and a rough cost??

The gear change is so nice on the 469 I drove, compared to my 452, Mine has to go down a maze of linkages. Would love a 469 to go along side mine. Load up with people and go for a cruise, much more sociable and useable.

Hope you have fun it in, you going to use it for a daily drive??

I can honestly say that Jarek has bent over backwards for me, he deals with a top notch shipper called Dalton, and I can speak very highly of him too.

After the problems I had with the SKOT and MTLBu, this has been an huge relief. They are their own exporters, so you don't have to deal with a middle man.

Ask Paul O Brien he deals with them too.............!:-D

WOW that's a good price for a 469, tempting. That would really piss my neighbor of if i got a 469 to go with my 452. As he wants one for a daily run about as his Gaz 66 is to big and thirsty to drive every day.

Hope you enjoy it.

They have a tidy - ish looking GS one on the web site now for £1581 + shipping back to the UK and what ever HMR want in taxation at port of entry.

Or a pair of nice FFR ones for around £2117 each...... Again plus shipping and the predations of the tax man!!

By the way, the tech manual is here:

http://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/downloads.htm

Saves posting a CD down under!

Let me know if you get anywhere with spare parts etc.

I'm currently ploughing through the technical and diagnostics manuals which are both in Russian...

There are specific to the 9P148 version though.

How old is that BRDM2? Do you have the date of manufacture?