Ot-64 SKOT and MTLBu

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, paint is smart, and a new canvas?

Have they shipped you any spares with it? lift pump, seal kits, points con, etc?? You got dual circuit brake too :-(.

Some people change out lift pump and carbs, but mine is still running original stuff, but i fitted a K131 carb, suppose to drink less.

My engine on first run up after rebuild

My rebuild is here if you want a read, and a few pics. http://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5332

• 4 weeks later...

SKOT and MTLBu will be in Melbourne in 7 days and Iam laying bricks ( you know what I mean :angel:). I got the bill from Bremerhaven for their cleaning, 7200 EURO....$10,000 AUST. I had a fit.

I have started the process through the Aussie Embassy Paul, haven't heard back from them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea..our quarantine tossers here are infamous for performing vivisections on any kind of vehicle. Then you get the destroyed wreck back from them. Being part of the Aussie facist government they are not accountable to the public, so do as they please. :mad::mad:

Are you saying you paid 10k Aussie dollars to have them cleaned and now they want you to clean them again!!!

I hope you can claim that original fee back as they cannot have done a good enough job?

I know customs were fussy over dirty boots when we flew into Oz, and they also had me for importing 'food' which was half a roll of trebor mints!

I can't see how it's physically possible to remove all traces of dirt from a tracked vehicle.... Unless you took the tracks to bits and took all the wheels off and had them stream cleaned???

Yep thats right. Yes they would and probabley will remove all the tracks.

SKOT went fine ( though we had to jump start the batteries) The MTLBu is stuck in fifth gear and won't start. Clutch pedal as stiff as a board. Gotta figure out how to fix the bleeding thing so the quarantine tossers can inspect and destroy my babies :mad:

The beasts are still in Melbourne. Have to re washed to AQIS standards and then inspected. At least their contractor (AQIS) will be doing it, so they can't grumble about anything! :-X

On another note, the Aussie govt has said that I can't import my UAz and bike as they were made in 1989 and are not enviromentally compliant.....I mean, come on, this is Eastern Bloc stuff we are talking about :cheesy:

So back to the drawing board with jarek I will have to go.

If any one wants them I know where there is a nice UAz and MW 650!

It has taken over a fortnight to sort out quarantine and have them cleaned to their approval! Monday afternoon they can be picked up and start their trip to Tasmania. Are the dashboards on the MTLBu the same as a BMP, MTLB? Nedd to know what Iam looking at if anyone has any diagrams. If anyone also has any tips on what to to do if the thing don'tr start :D

Well they are finally here, alot of folks are amazed at their size! We have had the usuall teething problems,withthe MTLBu it was batteries and finding the right switches to start it with LOL.

Alas the SKOT is more serious, sometimes he goes into reverse when we want and sometimes he dosn't, same with the forward gears. I think that the bands in the wilson box are not adjusted properly either, as when we are in forward gear the vehicle does want to go but can't, like the hand suddenly comes on then goes off again.

I am having flash backs to the fox! Anyone have the measurements on the axis in the SKOT box?

Cheers

Troy

• 1 month later...

The SKOTs gear box is stuffed! Was supposed to have a new one put in whilst it was in Poland. Another lie from that cheating mongrel. Anyway I have to pull the box out.

I have two options I can see, repair the box, have to send to Melbourne and Iam unsure that I can get parts for it.

Two, can I put an automatic box in it?

What do you fellas think???

Most Skot boxes are seemingly on the last knockings - I was talking to the guy who had the yellow and green one at W&P a couple of years ago and he had to rebuild his. His 3rd gear failed as apparently they were left in that all the time by the conscripts.

Best bet is to repair the one you have. Finding an autobox that will mate to the engine and the final drive without extensive machining, not to mention disabling the air operated change system, might be a bigger problem than you think. Not going to be an easy job though, apparently the box is a pig to get at.....

LOL alot easier than the Fox :-D. But I think you are right, I am going to try and make one good box out of the two of them..

This is the box that is in the SKOT now...

photo.jpg

This is the so called spare!

photo3.jpg

Anyway..wish me luck. I may get to actually drive the SKOT someday ;)

LOL alot easier than the Fox :-D. But I think you are right, I am going to try and make one good box out of the two of them..

This is the box that is in the SKOT now...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71015[/ATTACH]

This is the so called spare!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71016[/ATTACH]

Anyway..wish me luck. I may get to actually drive the SKOT someday ;)

Is the box preselect, looks a bit like a british preselect box...

Was the air working properly before you decided it was duff as it will not work without the air, and this includes air leaks and such...

Is the box preselect, looks a bit like a british preselect box...

Was the air working properly before you decided it was duff as it will not work without the air, and this includes air leaks and such...

Hi Paul,

As I have indicated to Troy, the bands are worn out, take a look at the adjusters in the upper photo. Same principle as a Ferret, Saracen etc. the Wilson design.

regards, Richard