Anyone good with a Lathe?

woa2

I need a part for my Ford WOA2 and after years of searching, I cannot find one, so I have to get one made. The part looks to be easily made by someone who can use a lathe, and it is basically a bolt which can be made out of a piece of hex bar with an internal and external thread and is an inch and a half long. I have a broken example to use as a pattern. If you can help, please contact me, as it is stopping me connecting up my oil cleaner correctly.

Many thanks for any advice or help.

I need a part for my Ford WOA2 and after years of searching, I cannot find one, so I have to get one made. The part looks to be easily made by someone who can use a lathe, and it is basically a bolt which can be made out of a piece of hex bar with an internal and external thread and is an inch and a half long. I have a broken example to use as a pattern. If you can help, please contact me, as it is stopping me connecting up my oil cleaner correctly.

Many thanks for any advice or help.

Put up a pic of the sample, it does sound rather easy. I would not recommend using the hexbar though, the hex can be easily machined plus using the correct grade steel.

P5158718.jpg

P5158716.jpg

Thread is 1/4 UNC on the outside, but I do not know the thread on the inside. The 'bolt' does have a hole through the middle for tyhe oil to return to the inlet manifiold.

I am speaking out of turn but my backyard approach would be as follows; get a UNC bolt with the correct dimensions, threadwise- length and shank. Obtain a nut / fitting suiting the pipe fitting. Cut the nut to the correct lenth to suit the pipe fitting depth and trail fit it to fit the bolt head. Tig weld (or have it done) the nut to the bolthead. This would destroy the temper of the bolt. I suppose silversoldering would also work. Put the bolt assembly in the lathe and drill a 1/8" straight through the bolt shank. Machine,or preferably polish the bolt / nut flats to remove evidence of welding. Restore the temper if possible (unless silver soldered) by heating and quenching if really required. Practice extreme care when refitting to the manifold.

I am speaking out of turn but my backyard approach would be as follows; get a UNC bolt with the correct dimensions, threadwise- length and shank. Obtain a nut / fitting suiting the pipe fitting. Cut the nut to the correct lenth to suit the pipe fitting depth and trail fit it to fit the bolt head. Tig weld (or have it done) the nut to the bolthead. This would destroy the temper of the bolt. I suppose silversoldering would also work. Put the bolt assembly in the lathe and drill a 1/8" straight through the bolt shank. Machine,or preferably polish the bolt / nut flats to remove evidence of welding. Restore the temper if possible (unless silver soldered) by heating and quenching if really required. Practice extreme care when refitting to the manifold.

or have someone make one for you on a lathe........

A good hydraulic stockist would be able to rig u up of the shelf for very little some one like Pirtec. or even a commercial parts stockist i have seen similar an airbrake ststems what dia is the pipe into the female thread

I'm guessing its a brake line fitting?

I could turn it up for you, reckon i might have near the right size hex bar in brass too.

Have a look at the air fitting i turned up for my Scammell on this page: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?3975-Scammell-Pioneer-Restoration/page3

PM me if you want.

Richard