latest withams tender

David Ives

is anyone going over to look at the latest tender as im intersted in 1 of the bedford cabs but not sure if they are left or right hand drive cabs

if anyone is going can they have a look for me please

Hello I`M GOING ON Thursday will look and ask me friday if I forget the best way is phone the sales and ask for Craig. He`s very helpfull Ps I was 116 TA based in Manchester.

Took these this morning David - didn't say anything before as I wasn't sure if I was going or not . 285 has a bit of rust on the floor inside , 286 superficially looks better but has loads more paint on it so difficult to see . Sorry the pics aren't great - both the cabs are up in a corner between tyres and other lots so difficult to get distance to get a decent view with my camera phone .

TK2852.jpg

TK2851.jpg

TK2853.jpg

Would these bits be for holding box type bodies (can't remember correct term) onto the vehicle? The DAF we looked at had them in one of the bins. I seem to remember that Robin was looking for pictures of these bits??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57883[/ATTACH]

middle 1 is definatly the ones to attach box bodys

Just getting back onto the subject , for info a new old stock TK/MJ door will cost about what that cab in the auction was going for . A few years back we enquired about a complete replacement cab for our TK and were quoted considerably more than these are going for - can't remember the exact figure now but I believe it was somewhere around £1500 - £2000 + Vat so whatever they are asking for these it's going to be a bit of a bargain if it's any less than that .

If you're feeling the urge for a challenge the Chinese tracked vehicle that is in the tender might be worth a punt. Its full of water and lacks an engine but it would certainly be different on the show circuit.

The RB44's on the other hand were dreadful one vehicle had a movement order dated 2002 for back loading to the UK from Cyprus, it didn't look like it had moved again under its own power. Quite a few of the RB44's were covered in moss from sitting outside somewhere unused and most definitely unloved.