Oswestry Military Vehicle show june 30th/1st July

Hi all just thought i would post up a new military vehicle show that the Oswestry British legion branch along with the Powys and Mid Wales MVT are organising, the dates are june 30th and 1st July 2012 all vehicle entrys will be threw myself and so far a road run has been organised for the saturday evening.

More details will be posted after the next meeting (next tuesday) For entry forms please pm me

• 1 month later...

Right then, the show is being held over the last weekend in june at the caia glas park in oswestry, for entry forms please contact me asap with your address so i can send them out, i will be posting entry forms to the relevent mvt secretarys in the closest areas to oswestry.

• 2 weeks later...

More news regarding the show!

We have now changed to a bigger more secure site which is next to the old Park Hall camp in oswestry, There were a few concerns on the old site regarding security and the fact that we couldnt charge the public to come in (public park!), where as the new site the public will be charged a few quid and all money made is being donated to SAMA Wales, who's chairman will be visiting over the weekend!.

We have now got conformation that the Shropshire yeomanry will be bringing a stand and 3 vehicles(2 landys 1 scorpian kindly donated by Donnington) we are waiting to hear if the Welsh guards recruitment team will be in attendance also a request has gone in to RAF Shawbury for a helicopter to be on site. We are hoping that this has got the makings to be a good show, any Militaria trader who wants to book a stand please pm me (very cheap rates)...............so if you havent got your booking forms in be quick!! the Powys and Mid Wales club will be in attendence at Hack Green this sunday promoting the event so please pop over to say hi

Hi Paul, looks as if things are progressing nicely. Just wondering if you have got an idea of how many vehicles are looking like attending? Also, are commercial vehicles allowed to attend or any other classes for that matter?

Scott

We are looking at 40 vehicles so far, we are only taking bookings for ex military vehicles i,m afraid, we have got several tracked vehicles booked in so far, this show is also to see if there is enough interest to start up War Wheels agin.

Ok thanks for the response Paul. Hopefully that number will grow even further in the coming months for you.

What vehicles did you have in mind?

Maybe our Austin Gipsy Fire Engine which is in my profile picture. But I don't want to be out of place and have you change your plans. I was just seeing what is on over the summer and noticed this event and I put it down as a maybe on my list.