a couple more interesting pics

Willyslancs

could the first be a display from a factory who made these, either wartime to show what they are using or post-war showing the things that won the war.

The second could be vehicles that are awaiting repair in the USA from airfields etc that have been involved in crashes or something similar

Note the jeep is a slat grille

I have been trying to look up what the EAC is i found this http://www.eac.dk/phoenix.zhtml?c=138567&p=irol-index which has something to do with docks but in asia

There is a soldier in the jeep (suggests a military attendance not just factory workers)

Never seen the type of tyre before that is in the dodge

Edited by MHillyard

2nd pic. ISO container - from about 1965, The EAC brand - is the best good clue.

White bs paint is not normally wasted.

Black hull with white band below gunnels = P&O Lines (2 white bands = British India. Steam Nav.) pity the badge is not shown fully at the sharp end. Therefore I would stab a guess at East End of London or Liverpool only because they would spend more time there.

Dock crane - typical Stothbert & Pitt , anywhere UK or colonies in main.

Yes - that particular tread does look like a copy pattern Petlas use now , so not that old

• 2 weeks later...