Rugged Robins big brother ? On Ebay RAF Refueler !

AndyFowler

Never mind that Triang pedal tanker, check out the twin-engined Euclid dozer in the background :nut:

Oh sorry, wrong forum :blush:

Tony you are very observant mate ! My joint favourite Bulldozer with Vickers Vigor and I missed it ! :D Well spotted ! :-D Bernard I don't think it will fit on Santas's sleigh so maybe a Birthday present ! :-D

They can't be that rare, as I've actually driven one - quite an experience.

The design is Thompson Brothers, basically a structural tank with a wheel at the front and a small Ford flathead four at the back to power transfer pumps and wheels. Tanks has two or three compartments for fuels and lubricants. Chain drive to two rear wheels I remember, Weir Pumps in Glasgow did the pumps, commonly found with Zwicky boom too.

Smaller, lower units pre-WW2 ( smaller aircraft ) bigger units, with boom during WW2. Tank, boom and pump setup is reputed to be the same as the back of the QL refueller.

Tony you are very observant mate ! My joint favourite Bulldozer with Vickers Vigor and I missed it ! :D Well spotted ! :-D Bernard I don't think it will fit on Santas's sleigh so maybe a Birthday present ! :-D

No comparison in my book, the old Vic wins every time. I'll have to dig out my photos of the RE museum one