jeep/buffalo

Willyslancs

Both of the pictures are quite extraordinary. There's no doubt in my mind that these are S.A.S jeeps, in the first picture you can clearly see the half circle bullet proof windshield. It's also visible in the second picture, but it appears to be half folded. The jeep also has the 3 slats on ether side of the grill cut out.

Is that just a box chillin' on the bumper of the jeep in the first picture? or something else? it looks like it could be some sort of unfamiliar support structure, it also looks like a box..

Random- But upon closer examination, these are 2 different jeeps, and 2 different LVT's

Edited by Pavy8

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing couple of photos not least as Im currently building a 1:16 LVT4 and any reference is welcome. Might one enquire as to were the piccies came from ? The First LVT appears to have some sort of rubber bumper extension on the top of the ramp ? Are there any more ?

Regardless I'd recommend any excuse to vist Walcheren! The K Guns were obsolete by the start of the Second World War , which is why the SAS were able to scrounge them.

Obsolescent maybe but definitely not obsolete.

Thanks Vulture, Im a bit of an amphibious vehicle fanatic LOL. would love a real one. Plan is to have the Jeep RC'd up too, the Ramp on the Buffalo is now funtional and waterproofish (waiting on a bilge pump) I blame airfix. These photos the willyslancs has posted are inspirational, I wasnt sure how to finish the Buff ie, yank or British but Defo going 79th Armoured now :D

Thanks Vulture, Im a bit of an amphibious vehicle fanatic LOL. would love a real one. Plan is to have the Jeep RC'd up too, the Ramp on the Buffalo is now funtional and waterproofish (waiting on a bilge pump) I blame airfix. These photos the willyslancs has posted are inspirational, I wasnt sure how to finish the Buff ie, yank or British but Defo going 79th Armoured now :D

Yeah, 79th Armoured sounds good :thumbsup:. When you get the Jeep and Buffalo done you must post vids of them as well please :-)

Thanks matey, any more LVT piccies ? Rare one would be LVT 2 The Cargo version without the ramp) in British Service, They mostly feature in the background of the phots in all the reference books I have (and I think I have pretty much all of them)

will keep eye out mate .........