scammell pioneer SV2S recovery restoration

started getting the rear chassis ready for painting, dad manning the needle gun!

007.jpg

some more pics of the scammell. plus new exhaust dose any body else know if there dash bored is welded to cab front panel?

013.jpg

also the arm on the throttle control going down to the oily rusty cylinder at bottom of the injector pump pushes that cylinder into the pump and when you let go of the throttle it is really delayed when coming back of the cylinder, this probably doesn't make any sense but if any body dose know what i am on about and if its a problem would you let me know?

014.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay thanks for the info guys :-) madrat why did you sell your scammell?

I made the mistake of taking it to bits to restore, right about the time we had our first baby and started a house build. A combination of lack of time & money prompted its sale. I do miss it now.... I have however purchased something recently to fill the void :D

If this is the one from Bob Lamas's sale, I went and had a good crawl over before the auction. It's in reasonable nick and is not a bad restoration project. I was tempted by have 2 Pioneers already and too many projects for the time in the near future.

If you need any advice, I probably broken most things on a Pioneer in the 35 years I've played with one. Can possibly point you in the dorection of a few parts if you get stuck.

I know we should not advertise things here but the Scammell Register has access to manuals and spares for these beasties. One of the committee has a derelict Pioneer whixh is being used for spares although I'm sure you need too much.

I wish you every success with the restoration.

Brian C AKA Dewrance.

thanks Brian yeah we did buy it from a auction but as it was my dad and brother who went to buy it i don't know witch auction, if you know were we could get a crane handle that would be use full as ours is missing.

scammell4199 i don't know about the double skin i will as my dad about that :)

yeah we did buy it from an auction but it was held in "general auctions" auction for classic vehicles in Redhill Surrey the auctioneer said he had known the scammell for years. at least we could contact Bob and ask him and see if he has any information about the scammell :)