scammell pioneer SV2S recovery restoration

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yeah i will try finally got the track basket of so will get some pictures tomora after work, ours is quite rusty its all clogged with rust and moldy rotten wood from the floor of the rear body so it will take some cleaning.

if any body knows were i can get a new winch cable and crane cable that would be helpful as ours are passed there best haha

Hello mate , I bought a new old stock Explorer crane cable from this gentleman a few years back :red: and he is very easy to deal with ! I believe he'd be able to supply a main winch cable also ! Best wishes Andy :-D George Sanders 01617482513

Brook House, Barton Road,

MANCHESTER,

M41 7NL

Air cleaner first coat of red oxy needs a sand down before under coat

engine side covers ready for sanding and wot not

clutch brake lever and shaft of

one side of the engine

we bought this small sandblatser and wanted to know your thoughts as we havent used one before we have a twin cylinder 3hp compressor but that didnt seam to work allthoe it kept on reaching the maximum psi and blowing of at the safety valv on the blaster there was no power on the sand, a freind is hopefully going to lend us a bigger compressor as ours kind of fell out the back of the car.....

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

042 - Copy.jpg

043 - Copy.jpg

046.jpg

047 - Copy.jpg

048.jpg

051 - Copy.jpg

052 - Copy.jpg

053 - Copy.jpg

054 - Copy.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062 - Copy.jpg

063 - Copy.jpg

Hello,

I've got one of those blasters, they do need a lot of air, and if you haven't got it right they won't work. The hose from the compressor to the blaster needs to be at least 1/2" bore but bigger if you can it sounds like the problem your having,

Regards John

With most blasting its more about a massive volume of air rather than pressure. So big hoses and big compressors are the order of the day. They have a habit of getting blocked easily too, make sure your grit is free of foreign debris. Have a look at the setup i have on my blog: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?3975-Scammell-Pioneer-Restoration

Richard

so everyone knows person keeping up this thread is me John i am 15 and its me and my dad Ashley who is 55 and my brother Sam who is 25 who are restoring the scammell so my scammell terminology is not great but i will try my best haha.

we brought the scammell out of the shed today and hopefully the videos will work the scammell has no exhaust on at the moment so doesn't sound very nice. so here are some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KeDlQIfB4pics and videos if they work.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

the rocking beams on the scammell are leaning in the middle and the brake linkage on top is touching the springs and when we jack the wheels of the ground and lower them there is movement underneath were the beams join the axle so we think it is the bushes or "bush" that need to be changed so if it is dose anyone know were we could get some of the bronze bushes made or were they might be sold we are going to have to get some one to do this part for us as its a bit out of our league haha.

hi chev, on the exhaust manifold side there is the inlet water manifold, mounted to the cylinder block just below the exhaust manifold? well i think that's what its called it has a bolt at either end, well ours is really pitted and corroded and we would like a new one if you have one? we havent gone through the engine yet so we dont know, also a set of throttle springs for the throttle on the injector side would be a help?

john