scammell pioneer SV2S recovery restoration

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

here you go Neil as far as i can gather all the brackets are the same but some of them are missing the wood from the inside pics aren't great camera was running out of battery.

also would be very grateful if you people could send me some pictures and information on the injector side of your 6lw engines as i need to see the throttle springs on the side of engine and would someone tell me how the arm move on the end of the injectors closest to cab as mine is very de-laid and my throttle very stiff i think it is something to do with the arm closest to the radiator that goes into the engine on the side,

008 (3).jpg

011 (4).jpg

012 (3).jpg

013 (2).jpg

thanks for pics we have ours set up like your top photo buts its very stiff wich means its not springing back easyly. o the right hand side of the injectors there is an arm wich pushes a big cylinder underneath the injectors and its very de laid when you take the throttle off. the bottom photo the millweb add is our old scammell we bought in very rough condition but with a frozen engine block so after about 6 months we sold it to the person who has restored it to that mint condition but he sold to someone in italy and we havent seen anything of it since. also do you know were we ccould find some infomation on our scammels history the army reg is 65 RF 71 chassis number 4177

Mine was also a bit stiff to start with, it free up after I went through the whole linkage with a greasegun and oil can.

Sorry cant help with the history part, the only thing I know is that the reg number is a post war one.

I am Danish but I think other forum members might be able to help.